For Tunisia (September 28, 2018)
For Sfax (September 20, 2018)
The 48 Hour Film Project
Are you a director, actor, editor, shooter, or audio ninja just itching to practice your craft? Professionals, pre-professionals or hobbyists – this is what you have been waiting for.
Filmmakers from all over Tunis, TN area will compete to see who can make the best short film in only 48 hours. The winning film will go up against films from around the world at Filmapalooza 2019 for a chance at the grand prize and an opportunity to screen at the Cannes Film Festival 2019 Short Film Corner.
The 48 Hour Film Project is an opportunity for filmmakers of all levels to practice their craft – to make a film in a weekend and have it screen before an audience at your local theater.
The 48 Hour Film Project is really quite simple. It is a test of you and your team’s ability to work together and make a movie in only 48 hours. The sense of accomplishment is tremendous – and you will celebrate by watching your film on the big screen.
At the Kickoff Event each team draws TWO genres from a hat.
At the Kickoff Event each team will be assigned two genres – one from Group #1 and one from Group #2 . Your team may decide which one to use for your film.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Filmmaking with all its producing elements: (Acting, Audio engineering, Screenwriting, Editing, Film Shooting, Directing … etc.)
No specific language requirement.
5 – 7 October 2018, Tunis
28 – 30 September 2018, Sfax
To make a film in only 48 hours.
Any Professional, Amatuer or even an Enthusiast about filmmaking is eligible to participate in the competition.
To be eligible for the Project, Entries must be:
- the original work of the Entrant;
- must not infringe third-party’s rights;
- must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent);
- must not contain obscene or pornographic material;
- may not contain defamatory statements about any person, company, organization or entity;
- may not invade privacy or other rights of any person, company or entity;
- may not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations;
- and may not contain any copyrighted elements (other than as owned by the Entrant and/or 48HFP).
The elements will vary from city to city, but in each location ALL teams will have the same required elements. It’s up to each team to decide how to integrate them into their own film. Teams compete for most creative use of these elements.
- Required Line: The required line of dialogue must be heard or seen – it may be written. It may be in a foreign language; however if it is not clear that this is the required line, it should be translated.
- Required Character : The required character does not have to be the star, but we must actually see him/her on the screen. Name tags, etc. are not necessary so long as the audience can infer who he/she is.
- Required Prop: The required prop must be seen, and it should be used in your film in some way.
- Elements in Credits Do Not Count: The required elements must appear in the story of your film. Use of the elements only in the end credits will NOT fulfill the requirement.
Entries containing prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by the 48HFP, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will be disqualified. 48HFP reserves the right to make the final determination as to which Entries are eligible. 48HFP also reserves the right to refuse to screen a film or to make an announcement at the screening regarding the content of the film.
The winner of Best Film of 2018 in each city receives:
- Filmapalooza Screening: The City Winner will be screened at Filmapalooza 2019, the official 48HFP Awards Weekend.
- A Trophy which will be presented at Filmapalooza.
- Movie Magic Screenwriter Software 6: The premier screenwriting software and the choice of Hollywood. ($250 value)
- Some cities may have additional prizes.
An international panel of judges will select the Best Film of 2018 from among the best film of each city. The winner will be announced at our Awards Ceremony at Filmapalooza 2019 and they will receive:
The Grand Prize Trophy
- $5000 USD Cash Prize
- Cannes Film Festival, Court Métrage
- Additionally, the top 10 films of the year from around the world will be screened at the Short Film Corner at Cannes 2019.
All films, on-time and late, are eligible for the Audience Award, which is determined by audience ballot at the premiere screenings in each city.
Note: This competition contains Entry fees.
First Step: Begin with forming your team and register for the 48HFP in your city From Here
Second Step: After registering, you will receive a series of emails with information and tips for a successful event. During the lead up to the Project, teams recruit their cast and crew, scout locations and pull their gear together – putting everything in place for the filmmaking weekend.
Third Step: Pay Registration Fees:
- 250 TND/team (before Fri, 5 Oct)
- The registration fee is for the entire team and includes two free tickets to the screenings (which are given to the team leader).
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Salma El-Noby/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Basant Hatem/ Egypt “
And ” Salma Merhabi/ Lebanon ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team