3 December 2018.
The Global Social Venture Competition.
The Global Social Venture Competition leads entrant teams through an experiential learning process to develop innovative, scalable solutions to the world’s greatest challenges. Through our global network of 14 partner schools and competitions, we give teams the connections, support, and exposure needed to advance their social ventures.
Each of the competition’s three rounds also asks teams to build on past learnings and focus on distinct emphasis areas. A team’s ability to demonstrate progress in these areas will be an important determinant of its venture’s overall score, which in every round is evaluated on business potential, social impact potential, and the likelihood of success.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
English or French.
According to the Country.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
According to your Country.
First round ends in 3 December 2018.
The second round ends according to each country in February/ March 2019.
Global Finals: April 3-5, 2019.
- Submitted ventures should aim to be: financially sustainable or profitable; whether it is a for-profit, non-profit, or hybrid business model, your venture must aim to be self-sufficient on earned revenue.
- Ventures should include a technology component, whether a technology-based solution or a technology component is utilized to address the solution. In this instance, technology is defined very broadly. Eligible ventures should include products and services developed from the application of scientific knowledge. This may involve software, hardware as well as other devices and products. The technology can be manifest in the product or service itself, or be the way in which the product or service is delivered.
- Submitted ventures should be scalable long term. This criterion will mean different things for each business. Scalability will take into account the potential for growth of the business, both financially and in its social impact.
- Submitted ventures must have a quantifiable social and/or environmental bottom line incorporated into their mission and practices.
- Your entry must include a financial analysis as well as a Social Impact Assessment (SIA), including the Social Value Proposition and Social Indicators.
- Submitted ventures must be less than 2 years old (with the start of the venture marked by incorporation or first income, whichever occurred first) as of December 31, 2018.
- Submitted ventures may not be a wholly owned subsidiary of an existing entity (of either a for-profit or nonprofit entity).
- Submitted ventures must not have received more than $250,000 in funding from venture capital, private investors, grants (government or foundation), loans, or other funding sources (excluding in-kind) as of December 31, 2018.
- Lifetime revenue should not exceed $500,000 as of December 31, 2018.
- GSVC has the right to investigate funding and qualifications of ventures to assure that they are truly early stage.
- Your team must include a student, current or recent graduate, from any level of higher education (undergraduate, masters level/graduate, or doctoral) in any area of study in the world;
Recent students must meet the following criteria:
- Recent Bachelor’s degree holders must have completed their degree with four (4) years of the application deadline (December 31, 2018).
- Recent Master’s or Doctoral level degree holders must have completed their degree within two (2) years of the application deadline (December 31, 2018).
- The student or recent student must be actively involved in the venture (i.e., a founder or co-founder, actively participating in the development of the business or actively working on the business).
- Your team should include a statement describing the student’s level of involvement.
- The student or recent student must be one of the team’s presenters and must be available to answer judges’ questions regarding the business in the final two rounds of the competition.
- First Place Award: $40,000.
- Second Place Award: $25,000.
- Third Place Award: $10,000.
- PRIYA HAJI Memorial Award: $2,500.
- People’s Choice Award: $1,500.
- Quiek Pitch Award: $1,000.
First Step: Click HERE, choose your contury and the register.
Second Step: Fill in your Details and Upload your team deliverables (Read them HERE).
Third Step: Submit your Application.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Esraa Abdullzaher/ Egypt “
Reviewed by “Alyaa Abdelraouf/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team