16 May 2019
Student internship in policy and advocacy
CONCORD is the European confederation of Relief and Development NGOs. With the support of 55 members,their confederation, representing over 2,600 NGOs, is the main interlocutor with the EU institutions on development policy and international cooperation.
CONCORD is looking for a person who is passionate, motivated, creative, cooperative, and committed and would like to gain valuable work experience and contribute to the work of a confederation of NGOs whose vision is of a world in which poverty and inequality have been ended; in which decisions are based on social justice, gender equality and upon our responsibility to future generations; where every person has the right to live in dignity, sustainably, on an equal basis, free from poverty. As an intern, you will support CONCORD’s Policy and Advocacy work on sustainable development and CSO space and generic policy and advocacy work. You will work within our Policy and Advocacy team under the supervision of two Policy and Advocacy colleagues.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Sustainable Development
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Starting in the end of May.
- The intern must be enrolled in a university or higher education institute and in an exchange programme that will subsidise the internship so that all living expenses and insurance costs are covered for the duration of the assignment.
- The intern’s university studies or equivalent in development studies, political science, EU or other relevant studies.
- Desirable Skills:
- Ability to organize one’s own work and manage one’s own time.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others and towards shared objectives.
- Ability to work under pressure and towards tight deadlines.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Capacity to research, synthesize and analyse information.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Eager to take initiative.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Good spoken and written French would be an asset.
- Strong computer skills.
- The internship is unpaid.
- . CONCORD is giving a student allowance of 100 euro/month + reimbursing public transport tickets.
First Step: Please submit your CV and cover letter (in English) setting out your reasons for applying for the internship and outlining the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role by the 16th of May 2019 to [email protected] and [email protected]
Please indicate clearly in the subject line of your email: APPLICATION FOR POLICY AND ADVOCACY.
Second Step: INTERNSHIP Short listing and interviews:
Short listing is based on CV and cover letter. Successful candidates will be asked to attend a face to face or skype interview. Please note that due to the large number of expected applications only successful candidates will be contacted. In advance, Concord thanks all candidates for their interest.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Rasha Habeeb / Syria “
Reviewed by “ Salma Aittaleb / Morocco ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team