15 June 2020 (2359 CET, Vienna Time)
Vienna International Postdoctoral Program
VIP2 is a three-year postdoctoral fellowship program that is open to candidates with backgrounds in biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, engineering, computer science, and bioinformatics.VIP2 will boost the existing training offerings by implementing a structured training and career development program under the principle “Inform, Inspire, Innovate.
The VIP2 program selects people whose projects have the potential to develop into distinct research lines and thus serves as a stepping stone towards an independent career path.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- computer science.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Applicants must hold a PhD in life sciences or related disciplines such as physics, engineering, chemistry, computer science, or mathematics.
- The proposed scientific project must match the research carried out on campus (applicants should name one or more potential host groups).
- Interdisciplinary and inter-lab projects are highly encouraged.
- Candidates are kindly requested to communicate with their preferred mentor(s) prior to and during composing their individual research projects.
- Applicants must have at least one first-author publication or manuscript published on bioRxiv or arXiv.
- By the time of the call deadline (15 June) applicants must also undertake transnational mobility according to the Marie Curie Action. That is, they should not have resided in or carried out their main activity (work, studies) in Austria for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline
For more information from Here
The opportunity covers the following:
- Salary: for 2020 each fellow receives a yearly gross salary of 54,453 EUR paid in 14 installments (12 months plus one Christmas and one-holiday bonus, according to Austrian law)
- full health insurance
- Social security includes fully paid maternity leave (16 weeks), the possibility of paid parental leave (up to 24 months), pension contribution, and accident insurance.
- Families receive additional support for each child (“Familienbeihilfe”) that ranges from 110 – 170 EUR per month per child, depending on the age of the child.
- Tax deductions apply to single-income families.
- Mechanisms are in place to contribute to the relocation costs of the fellows.
For more information from Here
GUIDE FOR APPLICANTS HERE
First Step: Click here to apply and provide the following information:
- personal information: name, contact details, current place of
• main scientific area (choose one from the 7 areas at the VBC) and up to 5
• DOI of at least one first-author publication or manuscript
• contact details for two referees. The system will send an automatic email
to referees with instructions. At least one reference letter has to be
uploaded into the system BEFORE the application can be submitted.
And attach the following documents:
- CV with details of education, scientific training starting from Bachelor
degree, honours, etc.
• PDFs of transcripts and certificates of training.
• a five-page project proposal that compliments the aims of the host lab.
• a one-page explanation of the project written for the public, outlining the
• written proof (letter or email) from the chosen group leader indicating
his/her support for the application.
Second Step: If you got aceppted you will move to the next phase which is the on site interview.
- For more information about selection phase click here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Lamis Ahmed/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Ghada Raafat/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team