Students will be given a solid grounding in the basics of effective audio and visual related communication, including courses in production, electronic media/film theory, and history. With a mix of hands-on practicums and background courses, students learn not only how to create, but also why.
Special topics courses that offer unique material that goes beyond our normal curricular offerings including Writing for Episodic Television, Science Fiction TV Survey, The History of Animation, Media Law, Streaming Media, Web Media and Webcasting Fundamentals. In addition, EMFS students can participate in:
● Study Abroad, opportunities that enhance the student experience and open up the world in exciting media centers like London, Rome, and New York City.
● Eagle Radio, a student-run radio station.
● E-TV, the campus cable system that provides student-produced programming.
● Eagle Filmmakers Association, a community for filmmakers and movie enthusiasts at EMU.
● an internship program that offers real hands-on experience. Our students have interned locally with ESPN and WEMU as well as around the country in broadcasting and on feature films.
You’re not just a student at EMU. You’re also a writer, director, producer, on-air talent, and all the other jobs that go into making electronic media productions. Our graduates have gone on to work in radio, television, film, webcasting, and academia.
This is a designated STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) program.
This program will be in The College of Arts&Science.
Film making, Television, Photography, Video Games & Multimedia
4 years | Full time
Only one is required
Oops! We could not locate your form.