Advances in Information Technology are reshaping the world as we know it. Whether it’s in transportation, entertainment, education, medicine, or telecommunication, there is almost no area that has not been directly affected by advances made in the IT domain. The School of Information Technology offers a program that was designed with the aim of providing its students with an education that sets them apart.
To do so, the program offers a strong curriculum that covers the foundations, while bringing students awareness of cutting-edge technologies in their selected specialization tracks.
The school also emphasizes the practical aspect of the field and provides students with various means to practice what they have learned both inside and outside the classroom. The skills that the school cultivates, ensure that students will be able to keep up with advances in the IT domain and to maneuver its rapidly changing landscape. Furthermore, a strong business component means that graduates from this school can start their own businesses upon graduating as well as play effective roles in existing organizations.
To provide students with an education that not only prepares them to understand and capitalize on advances in Information Technology but to contribute to them by providing them with the tools and knowledge for maneuvering through its rapidly evolving landscape and preparing them for successful professional or advanced research careers.
Why join the School of Information Technology?
Demand for highly qualified individuals for work in the IT domain far outnumbers the current supply. During the very short time since its inception, NGU has established itself as an institution that is dedicated to high-quality education. This dedication continues with the introduction of the School of Information Technology (IT), with a cutting-edge program that will deliver:
So, if you are passionate about computing and technology at large, and wish to gain an education that will provide you with the tools that make you stand out in the job market whether locally, regionally, or globally, then the School of IT is the school for you.
Business Information Systems, Information Technology (IT)
4 years | Full time
The duration of this program is 4 years. Modules in the first and second years cover the foundation needed by all IT students irrespective of their chosen specialization. Modules in the third and fourth year of study, are predominantly focused on the track or specialization a student wishes to pursue. Students will be allowed to specialize in one of the following three tracks / Specialization:
A balance between the theoretical aspects of the program and the practical ones will be achieved through lectures, tutorials, and laboratory sessions. The practical aspect will be further emphasized through:
Students will need to complete 135 credit hours over 4 years in order to fulfil the graduation requirements from the School of IT. Courses to be covered over the four years can be divided into the following categories:
Only one is required
-American diploma: 8 main subjects required from the school transcript including Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English and Math, SAT I /ACT I/EST I is required and SAT II/ACT II/EST II is not mandatory but increase the overall percentage OR 9 main subjects required from the school transcript including Chemistry, Physics, English, Math, and Advanced Math, SAT I /ACT I/EST I is mandatory and SAT II, ACT II, EST II is not mandatory in this case OR 8 main subjects required from the school transcript including Chemistry, Physics, English and Math, SAT I /ACT I/EST I and SAT II, ACT II, EST II (Math subject is required in SAT II) are mandatory is this case.
-IGCSE: school 8 O Levels including Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English, and Math or 8 O Levels including Chemistry, Physics, English, and Math and 1 AS or AL Math.
-IB: Biology and Chemistry high level and English and Math High Level or standard level (the applicants are waived from the Physics). or Physics and Math High Level and the Chemistry and English High or Standard level.
-Canadian: school 8 subjects including Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English, and Math or 9 subjects including Chemistry, Physics, English, Math, and Advanced Math. For Engineering school 9 subjects including Chemistry, Physics, English, Math and Advanced Math.
– Official certificate, Diplomas, and Transcript. You can submit copies of your “in-progress academic records” till you receive the final one for the admission process.
– Original academic certificates, diplomas, and transcripts (inside Egypt) must be stamped by the Egyptian Educational -Authorities and Ministry of Foreign affairs.
– Original academic certificates, diplomas, and transcripts (outside Egypt) must be stamped by the Educational Authorities issuing them and the Egyptian embassies of those countries.
– Proof of 12 years of schooling stamped by the school and the Egyptian educational authorities. (except for Thanaweya Amma or Arabic Thanaweya) or افادة من وزارة التربية و التعليم بمعادلة الشهادة للثانوية العامة المصرية and to add a recommendation letter from Math or Physics teacher for the school of Engineering and IT.
– For American Diploma Graduates, the applicant must submit the School Accreditation Letter (schools outside Egypt) and إفادة تعليم خاص (schools inside Egypt).
– One recommendation letter preferred from the applicant’s English or Math teacher on the school letterhead for NGU – Social Studies Schools.
– One recommendation letter preferred from the applicant’s Biology or Chemistry teacher on the school letterhead for NGU – Medical Schools.
– Statement of purpose: In 500 words the applicant should highlight the major achievements he/she has done so far and state reasons for his/her interest in the program applying for.
NGU is offering a large number of generous merit scholarships for bright students interested in studying information technology.
Admitted students meeting the scholarship criteria will enjoy tuition waivers varying from 100% to 25% based on their high school grades, English proficiency, interview, and extracurricular activities.
To be eligible for the scholarship scheme offered by NGU:
Students must fulfill the requirements of the supreme council of universities for admission.
Students should fulfill NGU admission requirements.
The deadline for applying for the scholarship is July 18, 2021.
How to Apply
Complete the online admission steps.
Fill NGU online application.
When you pass the interview, you automatically qualify as a candidate for this scholarship.
You will be notified of your scholarship by August 15.