15 December 2019
Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships
These scholarships give talented, motivated and broadly interested students from Sub-Saharan Africa the opportunity to study at the Delft University of Technology. The Global Initiative aims to support capacity building in the Global South and to advance future leadership focusing on sustainable global development. The UN Sustainable Development Goals are a guiding principle for the TU Delft.
TU Delft | Global Initiative offers four Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships every year. From the students we expect that they are willing to act as our ambassadors during their studies and after graduation.
Opportunity Focus Are:
– For more information check here.
SUDAN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
The applicant should:
- Have Excellent international applicants.
- Admitted to one of the 2-year Regular TU Delft’s MSc programmes.
- With a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80 percent or higher in the bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in one of the above mentioned countries.
- A bachelor’s degree with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 75% of the scale maximum, unless specific requirements are defined. The degree must be comparable in level to a bachelor’s degree from a research university in the Netherlands and must be closely related to your MSc programme of choice. In addition, scores for key subjects must also be good.
- Specific requirements may apply depending on where you obtained your degree. Check here for detailed information.
- All TU Delft MSc-programmes are taught in English. In order to be considered for a MSc-programme, you have to prove that your English is at a sufficient level. check here.
The scholarship will provide €25.000 per year which includes:
- Full tuition fees for a TU Delft MSc program
- Contribution for the living expenses.
- Membership to the Scholarship club giving access to personal development, workshops, seminars.
- A MSc thesis topic which relates to the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Be the ambassador for Sub-Saharan Africa.
First Step: Apply at the university and submit all the regular documents for a MSc programme application which include:
- Diploma: An original or certified copy of your bachelor’s diploma.
- Transcript: An original or certified copy of your official academic transcript(s), front and back, in the original language.If the transcript is in a language other than English, French, German or Dutch, a certified translation is also required.
- English Language Certificate: Check the required tests here.
- Motivation letter: A clear and relevant essay in English (1,000 – 1,500 words) addressing the following:
– Your motivation for choosing this MSc programme.
– Why you are interested in TU Delft and what you expect to find here.
– If this MSc programme has specialisation(s), which specialisation interests you the most and why?
– Describe your hypothetical thesis project: what kind of project would you prefer? What would you want to explore? Please limit your answer to three possible topics.
– Summarize in a maximum of 250 words your BSc thesis work or final assignment/project. Please include information about the workload.
- Curriculum Vitae: An extensive curriculum vitae (resume) written in English.
- Proof of Identity: For Non EU/EFTA nationals: A photocopy of the page(s) of your passport that give your name, date of birth, place of birth, passport expiration date and signature.The Dutch Immigration Office (IND) requires all Non EU/EFTA nationals applying for a visa/residence permit to have a passport valid for 6 months after the start of their studies.
- Portfolio (if applicable): Applicants applying for the following MSc-programmes are required to upload a digital portfolio. Note that each programme has its own portfolio requirements.
- GRE (if applicable: Applicants applying for the following MSc programmes are required to take the GRE revised General Test and upload their results in TU Delft’s application portal.
Second Step: Pay your application fees €120.
Third Step: All required documents must be uploaded to osiaan.tudelft.nl and your complete application submitted by the corresponding deadline.
Fourth Step: Upload and Complete the Scholarship Application Form.
Fifth Step: Upload two reference letters (in one PDF document),according to required documents
Two reference letters in either English, French, German or Dutch.These letters must be:
- from either a previous professor or assistant professor. If you have work experience, one of these letters may be from your employer.
- written on the official letterhead /have the official stamp of the university or company.
- signed by the referee and include your complete name
Notes:Only students meeting this deadline who have been (conditionally) admitted to one of the MSc programmes of TU Delft could be considered for these scholarships.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Nayra Eldesoky/ Egypt “
Reviewed by”Eman Morsy / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team