The deadline varies from one country to another.
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars for the 2019-2020 Academic Year
Each year the Swiss Confederation awards Government Excellence Scholarships to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries. Recipients are selected by the awarding body, the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS).
The research scholarship is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a master’s degree as a minimum) who are planning to come to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at doctoral or post-doctoral level.
Research scholarships are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and the two federal institutes of technology. Only candidates nominated by an academic mentor at one of these higher education institutions will be considered.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
According to the specialization
The scholarship covers:
- The scholarship amounts to a monthly payment of CHF 1,920. For non-EU and non-EFTA grantees only: the FCS pays
- Mandatory Swiss health insurance.
- Scholarship holders from non-EU and non-EFTA countries receive a flight allowance (lump sum) for a ticket back to their country of origin (provided at the end of the scholarship).
- Special CHF 300 housing allowance (paid once at the beginning of the scholarship).
- One-year half-fare public transportation card.
- Support services and various trips, dinners and sightseeing tours organised for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship holders.
The scholarship dose not cover :
- Family allowances
- Financial support for fieldwork or for conferences
-The application package can be obtained by e-mail from the Swiss Embassy in your country.
- Signed FCS application form (typed and printed) with photo.
- A full CV with list of academic publications, awards etc.
- A motivation letter (max. 2 pages).
- A complete research proposal (max. 5 pages, signed).
- A copy of the letter from an academic host professor (including her/his short CV) at the chosen Swiss university confirming why she/he is willing to supervise and support the PhD thesis. Applicants for doctoral schools (doctoral program).
- In addition to all other application documents (including the support letter from a supervisor), the admission letter from the doctoral school is required with the application.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation from two different professors in the applicant’s field.
- Photocopies of certificates and grade sheets from previously attended universities/colleges and diplomas with grades, starting with the most recent. If not in English, French, Italian or German with attested certified translations in English. Originals have not to be submitted.
- Signed medical certificate.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Toka Hossam /Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hager Abosedaira/ Egypt “
And ” Marwan Mansi/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team