31 December 2019.
Synthesis of biomimetic materials – PhD scholarship.
As a part of Professor Alan Rowan’s ARC Laureate fellowship this project aims to understand how soft materials in the human body can be precisely modelled to produce sophisticated and responsive materials.For this project, in a synthetic/rheological approach, the candidate will examine material changes as a function of chemical modification of semiflexible polymers
The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching institutions. We strive for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Three years with the possibility of two 6-month extensions in approved circumstances.
- Applicants must provide evidence of one the following:
- A bachelor degree (with honours – or equivalent degree) in Computer Science or related field solid programming and algorithmic skills
- A research master’s degree or
- A coursework master’s degree and an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale, which includes a relevant research component or
- A postgraduate degree of at least one year full-time equivalent with an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.0 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honours IIA will be considered for PhD entry on a case by case basis.
- A bachelor’s degree plus at least two years of documented relevant research experience, including research publications.
- Students are required to produce a thesis of no more than 80,000 words, with the research representing a significant new contribution to the discipline.
- The applicant’s degree and/or professional experience must demonstrate that the applicant’s knowledge of the discipline in which they plan to undertake their PhD is current. It is therefore expected that an applicant will have completed their tertiary studies and/or any relevant professional experience in the ten years immediately prior to their intended entry to the PhD.
- $27,596 per annum tax-free (2019 rate), indexed annually. Additional top-ups will be available for outstanding candidates.
- Cover Letter that addresses how you meet the requirements for participation in the project
- Detailed academic CV with a focus on past research and laboratory skills and details of two referees
- Academic transcript/s
The following Submitting the documents does not constitute a full application for admission into The University of Queensland’s PhD program. If you are selected as the preferred applicant, you will then be invited to submit a full application for admission. You can familiarise yourself with the documents required for this process on the Graduate School’s website.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Asmaa Essam / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Hesham Galal / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team