8 Jan 2019
Solna, Stockholm, Sweden.
Lab Coordinator Karolinska Institutet, Department of Oncology Pathology, Helleday Group
We are now looking for a high-performing lab coordinator to support and organize work in the laboratory to develop novel anti-cancer drugs by exploiting cancer defects in DNA damage repair pathways and nucleotide metabolism at Karolinska Institutet.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- basic molecular/cell biology.
- medicinal chemistry.
- Forensic Medicine.
Swedish and English.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
This is a temporary post for 6 months with good possibilities of prolongation.
Contract type: Full time
First day of employment: As soon as possible
As a lab coordinator, you are responsible for supporting laboratory work, organizing and ensuring good order in the laboratory, oversight of waste handling procedures, and implementation of systematic safety oversight in the lab. The duties include the following tasks:
- Responsible for daily operation of the laboratory including equipment maintenance, inventory of supplies, and restocking of consumables.
- Responsible for orders, purchases, procurement and invoices in accordance with applicable agreements.
- Perform general laboratory tasks such as preparation of buffers, allotment of reagents, casting microbiology plates, and production of plasmids.
- Perform quality control procedures such as screening for contaminants in cell culture.
- Develop and update common routine documents, procedures and databases regarding substances, antibodies etc.
- Maintain and oversee chemical inventory and risk assessments
- Update and maintain appropriate licensing for laboratory materials.
- Perform introductory orientations for new team members and facilitate onboarding of students and visiting researchers.
- Manage shipping routines and coordinate courier services.
- Work closely with the management team providing updates of laboratory functions and resource needs.
- Coordinate meetings and events as needed.
- We are looking for someone with a BMA education or similar basic laboratory skills.
- Our ideal candidate is highly responsible, service minded, orderly, accurate and flexible. You have very good organizational skills.
- You are able to enjoy switching between different tasks quickly and are social and helpful and appreciate an international workplace where we speak both Swedish and English.
- Previous experience as lab manager/lab coordinator and knowledge about Karolinska Institutet (KI), KLARA and AGRESSO is meritorious.
Monthly Salary to be determined later
First Step: The application is to be submitted in Varbi recruitment system, Go and Creat your Account.
Second Step: Then you will reach the Application. and you will need to submit the following items:
- Cover Letter
For more Info. Contact:
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahmad Badr/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hend Younis/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team