17 March 2020 (KST 23:59)
Seoul, Republic of Korea.
The 6th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED (Global Citizenship Education):
The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) will organize the 6th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED (Global Citizenship Education) from 25 to 31 May 2020.
The one-week Workshop aims to build capacity of dynamic youth leaders around the world to identify strategies to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), specifically Target 4.7. While enabling participants to deepen their understanding of GCED, the Workshop allows the young leaders to play a major role and become part of a wider network of youth leaders for GCED.
The 6th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED in 2020 will focus on empowering young people as trainers/educators for GCED and seeking effective strategies to maximize youth contribution in fostering global citizenship. Held in Seoul, the Workshop will invite 35 dynamic youth leaders around the world, including those from developing countries and representatives of marginalized groups, and the participating youth will be fully engaged in dialogue and capacity-building training for five days.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- peace building
- human rights
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA,YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
25 – 31 May
The whole agenda in the PDF at the bottom of this page.
- Born between 1992 and 2001
- The Workshop only provides opportunities to youths who are citizens of both the ODA recipient countries and the UNESCO member states.
- Minimum 2 years of active experience in youth activities
- Completion of the e-learning course titled “Becoming Global Citizens for a Sustainable Society” on GCED Online Campus (www.gcedonlinecampus.org) by 9 March 2020 *
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
APCEIU will provide
- Local transportation for all participants during the workshop.
- The round-trip international airfare to and from Seoul, Korea.
- However, participants are responsible for domestic travel expenses to and from international airport in their countries and Korean visa application fees.
- The insurance in case of accidents during the workshop period in Korea will be covered by APCEIU. However, for any other purposes such as visiting hospitals for personal reason etc., the cost should be covered individually. If you have concern on this issue, we kindly recommend you to individually get medical/health insurance before the participation.
First Step: Fill the form with your personal information
Second Step: Complete required essays
Third Step: Finish the e-learning the e-learning course titled “Becoming Global Citizens for a Sustainable Society” on GCED Online Campus (www.gcedonlinecampus.org), by 9 March 2020.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Amina Altesheh / Syria “
Reviewed by”Reem Wally/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team