20 August, 2019.
AFRINIC-31 Call for Fellowships Opens
AFRINIC is offering fellowships for the AFRINIC-31 meeting to be held in Luanda, Angola, on 2-6 December 2019. The fellowship is reserved for individuals representing small organisations, universities, and media who are actively involved in Internet operations and development or ICT policies in their countries. The fellow is expected to positively and actively contribute to IP address management awareness in the AFRINIC service region.
The AFRINIC Fellowship Programme provides opportunities for individuals from African countries who have an interest in Internet operations and governance to participate in AFRINIC-31. The fellowship provides basic financial assistance to applicants who fulfill the eligibility criteria and who are subsequently selected by the Fellowship Committee.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Computer Science
English or French.
EGYPT, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE FROM AFRICA.
2-6 December 2019.
the schedule for the fellowship process:
- Notification to selected fellows: 9 September 2019.
- Deadline for acceptance by awarded fellow: 25 September 2019.
- Final announcement and publication of the fellowship list: 2 October 2019
To qualify for the fellowship, you:
- Must be a resident of an African nation.
- Don’t need to be an AFRINIC member.
- Are involved in the Internet community.
- Are willing to report on how this fellowship has benefited you/your Organisation/country within an agreed time frame.
– Upon selection, AFRINIC will notify the selected fellows directly and allow them twenty (20) days to accept or reject the offer.
– A public announcement of the fellowship awardees will be made after acceptance by the selected candidates.
The fellowship includes:
- Full assistance with round-trip airfare to the meeting venue.
- Hotel accommodation for the AFRINIC event from the day before the beginning to the last day of the event.
- A per diem allowance.
First Step: Fill in the fellowship application form here.
Second Step: The applicant will have to:
- Upload profile photo.
- Upload first page of passport.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Amina Hamed / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Rahaf Elkhodary / Egypt and Samah Gacem/ Algeria ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team