30 November 2018
THE BIG MOOSE PRIZE
Each year Black Lawrence Press will award The Big Moose Prize for an unpublished novel. The prize is open to new, emerging, and established writers.
Black Lawrence Press is an independent publisher of contemporary poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction and also publishes the occasional translation from German. Founded in 2004 by Colleen Ryor,
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
The announcement of the winner is not mentioned.
- Black Lawrence Press accepts submissions and payment of the entry fee ($25) exclusively through online submission manager, Submittable.
- Beginning with the 2014-2015 Big Moose Prize, all entries will be read blind by our panel of editors. Manuscripts should include a title page (listing only the title of the work), table of contents, and when appropriate, an acknowledgments page.
- Manuscripts should be paginated and formatted in an easy-to-read font such as Garamond or Times New Roman.
- Manuscripts should be 90-1,000 pages in length, not including front and back matter (table of contents, title page, etc.). Identifying information for the author should not be included anywhere on the manuscript itself. You are welcome to include a brief bio or something about yourself in your cover note on Submittable, which will only be made accessible to the editorial panel after the group of Semi-Finalist and Finalist manuscripts has been chosen.
- The winner of this contest will receive book publication, a $1,000 cash award, and ten copies of the book.
First Step: Submit your work exclusively through online submission manager, Submittable.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Nermeen Mostafa/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Chahineze Hakki/ Algeria ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team