1 March 2019
28 EU member states + Turkey, Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Liechtenstein and Iceland.
Erasmus Mundus EMLex Master Scholarship 2019
The Erasmus Mundus EMLex offers an excellent international programme of study which is globally unique and highly attractive. During the two-year programme, students will spend the second semester together with all the other students at one university, which changes every year. On request, it is possible to study at a third university of the EMLex consortium in the third semester. In the 1st and 4th semester, studies take place at the so-called home university. Erasmus Mundus applicants have the opportunity to name their preferred choices for their home university; the selection committee distributes the applicants equally to the partner universities.
EMLex provides 15 scholarships for the intake of 2019/20. Depending on the home university, courses will start either in September or October 2019. 75% of the scholarships are given to partner country students; 25% are given to programme country students.
- Partner Countries: non-EU countries with the exception of Turkey, Macedonia, Serbia, Norway, Liechtenstein, and Iceland.
- Programme Countries: 28 EU member states + Turkey, Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Liechtenstein, and Iceland.
If you come from a partner country and have carried out your main activities (studies, work, training) in any programme country for at least 12 months in total during the previous five years, you are considered as an applicant from a programme country.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
2 year program.
Applicants must have a Higher Educational Institution (HEI) degree in the area of:
- (Computational/Applied) Linguistics.
- (Foreign) Languages.
- Book Studies / Library and Information Science.
- or other relevant disciplines, subject to the consent of and the approval by the Consortium’s admission committee.
If your HEI degree is still in progress, you may nevertheless submit an application. The restriction in this case will be that the HEI degree certificate is available before the start of the EMLex study course.
2. Language requirements
- In your application you have to document text production skills in one of the two instruction languages that correspond to at least level B2.
- At the beginning of your studies, you have to have good text reception skills in both languages.
- Language certificates cannot be older than two years.
- No other documents than the mentioned will be accepted as evidence for the necessary language requirements.
For more information about Language requirements Here.
The scholarship covers:
- contribution to subsistence costs: 1,000 € per month for the entire duration of the EMLex study programme (24 months maximum)
- contribution to travel and installation costs:
- for scholarship holders resident in a programme country: 1,000 € per year for travel costs
- for scholarship holders resident in a partner country whose location is situated at less than 4,000 km from the coordinating institution (Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg): 2,000 € per year for travel costs + 1,000 € for installation costs
- for scholarship holders resident in a partner country whose location is situated at 4,000 km or more from the coordinating institution (Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg): 3,000 € per year for travel costs + 1,000 € for installation costs.
- The scholarship also includes participation costs for the EMJMD-EMLex. These participation costs cover all additional costs which occur during your studies. They particularly include tuition fees, health insurance, library costs, administrative costs, cultural events. The participation costs as follows:
- For students from partner countries: 4,500 € per semester.
- For students from programme countries: 2,250 € per semester.
Note: If you study in your home country you will not receive a contribution to subsistence costs for the duration of your stay there. If you are a partner country student and study at Stellenbosch you will only receive a contribution to subsistence costs for the duration of three months of your stay.
1. Fill out the application Form on the computer and sign it by hand.
2. Send the application form together with the following documents to [email protected].
The documents have to be in the following order:
(1) application form
(2) motivation letter (2 pages max., in English or German). In the letter you should respond to the following aspects:
- Explain the reasons why you wish to study the EMLex Master Programme, express your expectations and your own contribution. In addition, you should state what you plan to do with the EMLex master degree.
- Report your experiences with scientific or practical lexicography that you have already made and why you have an interest in lexicography.
- Explain your choice of the preferred home university (while your preferences will be taken into account as far as possible, the final assignment will be made to best fit your study needs).
- Answer the following question: Which lexicographic project would you like to realize in your home country if you had the chance to do so?
(3) certificate of HEI degree
(4) a transcript of academic records
(5) language certificates
(6) a copy of your identity document
- All documents have to be in one single PDF format.
- The file should not exceed 4 MB (if so you might have to zip the files).
- PDF files which do not have the requested order (1)-(6), are incomplete or too big will not be considered!
- If your original documents are in a language other than English or German, please also submit certified translations.
- Please note that we cannot return any documents that you send us.
- Students starting the programme in 2019/20 cannot study in Stellenbosch as well as in Santiago de Compostela.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Doha Elamin/ Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Ola A.Khudhur/ IRAQ “
& ” Shahira Aliwi /Syria “
MARJ3 Scholarships team