The Ben Enwonwu Foundation, Artist-in-Residence Programme 2020.
Initiated by The Ben Enwonwu Foundation in partnership with Alliance Française Lagos/Mike Adenuga Centre, The Lagos Creative Project focuses on experimentation and new possibilities in painting and sculpture.
The residency welcomes work in all areas of the visual arts and is open to artists of African and French descent. It seeks to foster cross-cultural ties and exchange between African countries and France by providing a platform for them to broaden their practice, nurture new forms and ideas, establish networks and develop collaborative projects.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Arts & Design
EGYPT, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE FROM AFRICA.
Two sessions will hold every year from July – September and October – December, at the Centre.
Note: Announcement of successful candidates: May 11, 2020
- The residency also welcomes work in all areas of the visual arts and is open to artists of African and French descent
Residents will be selected based on the quality of their work, commitment to their practice and adherence to the themes. Successful applicants will be contacted via email.
- All artists will receive a monthly stipend for incidentals and a one-off stipend for additional art supplies. Funding for travel within Lagos will also be covered while assistance with visa letters will be extended to international participants.
– Note: You will be responsible for their visa fees, travel fare and health care.
First Step: Fill the Online Application Form:
- All the Personal information ( Full name / date of birth / gender / Language(s) spoken City/country/ E-mail / Your Website )
- Preferred time of residency
Second Step: Submit the following documents:
- Passport photo & passport copy
- CV (PDF) and artist’s statement explaining motivation and research objectives
- Samples of previous work (PDF, website, link to Dropbox or similar)
- Project proposal: Specific project for this residency, including special needs and production logistics
For more details, please download the grant brochure Here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Osama Mohamed/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hadeer Mahfouz/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team