January 10 2020. (Winter 2020 Fellowships).
July 3, 2020. (Summer 2020 Fellowships).
All Fellows work from their own offices.
The McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism
The McGraw Fellowship provides editorial and financial support to journalists who need the time and resources to produce a significant investigative or enterprise story that provides fresh insight into an important business, financial or economic topic. applications are accepted for in-depth text, video or audio pieces, and proposals that take advantage of more than one storytelling form to create a multimedia package are encouraged. This is not a residency Fellowship, however. All Fellows work from their own offices.
The aim of the McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism is to support high-impact, ambitious coverage of critical issues related to the global economy, finance and business. In an age when many news organizations no longer have the resources to tackle complex, time-consuming stories, the Fellowships enable experienced journalists to do the deep reporting needed to produce a serious piece of investigative or enterprise journalism.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
The McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism is open to anyone with at least five years professional experience in journalism. Freelance journalists, as well as reporters and editors currently working at a news organization or a journalism non-profit, may apply.
The stipend: $15,000 covers:
- Travel and research expenses incurred in reporting the stories.
- For freelance journalists, it can also be used to assist with the Fellows’ living expenses.
First Step: Start filling the application form here.
Second Step: Applicants should submit a well-focused story proposal of no more than three pages through the online form and the proposal is required to:
- Highlight what’s new and significant about the story.
- Why it matters and what its potential impact might be.
- Note where significant stories on the subject have run elsewhere and how the proposed piece would differ.
Third Step: Beside the story proposal, prepare the following documents:
- Three work Samples: the samples should be professionally published work that showcases your ability to tackle an in-depth story in the proposed medium.
- Two professional references from two editors or others familiar with your work.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hesham Galal / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Eman Fadel Ali / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team