1st October 2018
United Kingdom (UK)
IBIOIC COLLABORATIVE TRAINING PARTNERSHIP (CTP) PHD PROGRAMME
Call for PhD Projects to enter IBioIC Collaborative Training Partnership (CTP) PhD Programme, A key activity of IBioIC is the support of industrially relevant PhD Projects that bring biotechnology closer to industrialization.
IBioIC currently manage a PhD portfolio of IBioIC and BBSRC funded projects, delivered as part of our Collaborative Training Partnership (CTP). The number of PhD Projects to be awarded in this sixth IBioIC PhD competition are as follows:
• BBSRC funded CTP studentships: 14
• IBioIC funded CTP studentships: 6
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
- Synthetic Biology
- Bio-catalysis & Biotransformation
- Sustainable Feedstocks
- Integrated Bioprocessing
- Downstream Processing
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Depend on the chosen program.
- Studentship must be 4 years in duration.
- The project topic must align with one or more of the five major themes of IBioIC
- The project must demonstrate industrial relevance by the innovative use or application of biotechnology.
- The project must be championed and led by an IBioIC HEI Partner (BBSRC and IBioIC funded) or N8 University (BBSRC funded projects only).
- The project must be supported by at least one Industrial Partner who will commit to becoming an IBioIC paid member by the start of the studentship.
- The Industrial Partner must commit to providing a 3 to 12 month industrial placement directly relevant to the PhD project.
- The student will participate fully in IBioIC’s CTP training programmeFor full entry criteria, refer to the downloadable file ‘IBioIC PhD Competition_1920 Final‘
The funding available will differ dependent on which funding stream is applied for. Applicants can apply to one or both of the available funding streams if the funding criteria are met.the funding avaliable is as follows:
- IBioIC funded projects: IBioIC will cover up to 50% of the full studentship costs in relation to RCUK fees and stipend including a £5000 consumables, travel and training annual budget.
Complete the ‘IBioIC Project #6 Entry Form’ in full and ensure all items on the checklist are included.
Submit the requirement File which is :-
- ‘Project Summary’
- CV’s of both primary and secondary academic supervisors (maximum of 2)
- The Excel ‘PhD funding template’ must be completed and attached as part of the submission. If applying for both funding sources, both templates will be required to be
Send the application Form and the attached file to the IBioIC Skills Team ([email protected])
.docx ” animation=”fadeIn” size=”medium” style=”default” bg_color_style=”default” bg_hover_color_style=”default” text_color_style=”default” text_hover_color_style=”default” icon=”fa fa-chevron-circle-right” icon_align=”left”] Apply Now
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hala Fathy/Egypt “
Reviewed by”Dina Nady/ Egypt “
“ Rakia Chebbah/ Tunisia “
MARJ3 Scholarships team