12 October 2018.
The Max Weber Foundation Travel Grants for China.
The Max Weber Foundation offers sinologists, as well as others doing relevant work in humanities and social sciences, the opportunity to conduct short-term research projects in China.
The objective of the programme, which is supported by the Fritz Thyssen Foundation, is to support early-stage academics whose professional qualification phase is concerned with
Chinese history, language or culture in the broadest sense and for whose research a stay in China is indispensable.
The Max Weber Foundation – German Humanities Institutes Abroad (MWS) has been represented in Peking since the beginning of 2017. There, it cooperates with the Institute for the
History of Natural Sciences (IHNS) at the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), as well as the École Française d’Extrême Orient (EFEO), with which it also forms a joint office.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- social science
- Chinese history
- Chinese language.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Should be highly qualified sinologists.
- at least masters, MA, Staatsexamen or bachelor’s degree in these fields (humanities and social science scholars).
- Who concerned with Chinese history, language or culture in the broadest sense.
- who can present a research plan for their stay in China.
- Adequate language skills that are necessary for conducting the research project are also required.
The support payments are based on the rates of the Fritz Thyssen Foundation and cover:
- The monthly rate for China amounting to 1,514 Euro
- A lump sum for flight expenses amounting to 700 Euro.
First Step: Download Application form from Here.
Second Step: All application documents must be submitted in German or English. A full application includes the following information:
- Completed application form;
- Detailed description (max. 3 – 5 pages) of the planned research project, which must clearly show why the residence is necessary and which institutions should be visited;
- Work plan;
- Copies of certificates (examinations, doctoral degree certificate);
- Reference from the supervisor, which provides information about the applicant’s status and the level of work, and that should be sent directly to the office of the Max Weber Foundation.
Third Step: send your application, using the relevant form, by email to: china(at)maxweberstiftung.de.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Emam Mahmoud/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Salma Alddin/ Egypt ”
” Yara Yasser/ Egypt “
MARJ3 Scholarships team