15 July 2019.
TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable at the International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) – comprising the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Center for Molecular and Drug Research – for studies leading to a PhD degree in the following fields: organic chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular medicine, pharmacology, physical chemistry or analytical chemistry.
Applicants must be registered for a PhD degree in their home country (SANDWICH option) in order to apply for the fellowship.
The Fellowship may be granted for a minimum period of 6 months and a maximum period to be decided with ICCBS.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Agricultural Sciences.
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology.
- Biological Systems and Organisms.
- Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences.
- Chemical Sciences.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
Up to 4 years.
- Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the year of application.
- Hold a Master’s degree in a field of natural sciences.
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan).
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country.
- Provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor.
- Be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university.
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from the supervisor or head of department at ICCBS. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the Director of ICCBS (Prof. M.I. Choudhary at [email protected] or [email protected]) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Prof. Choudhary, applicants must accompany their request for a preliminary acceptance letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline and two reference letters.
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English.
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship.
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship.
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
- ICCBS will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs, such as food, accommodation, local transportation and incidental minor illness. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
First Step: Create an account on TWAS-ICCBS website from here, then you will be able to fill in your online application to join the fellowship.
Second Step: Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from ICCBS when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection.
Third Step: Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper and SIGNED.
For more information about the online form, click here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohamed Magdi Eweda / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Mona Awad / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team