27 July 2018.
Tyler Prize of $200,000 for Environmental Achievement
The John and Alice Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement invites individuals and public and private institutions to participate in the competition for 2018. The prize is endowed by gifts from the John and Alice Charitable Trusts, as awardees are chosen annually by the executive committee, and the University of Southern California administers the Tyler Prize. It is awarded for projects in environmental science, health and energy conferring great benefit upon humanity.
(Tyler) Established in 1973 by the late John and Alice Tyler, the Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement is one of the first international premier awards for environmental science, environmental health and energy. Recipients encompass the spectrum of environmental concerns, including environmental policy, health, air and water pollution, ecosystem disruption and loss of biodiversity, and energy resources.
- The protection, maintenance, improvement or understanding of an ecological or an environmental condition anywhere in the world .
- The discovery, further development, improvement, or understanding of known or new sources of energy .
- Medical discoveries or achievements with such worldwide implications that they significantly benefit environmental aspects of human health .
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
- public health.
- social science.
1) Submission: from May 2: July 27, 2018.
2) All nominees will be considered for three years beginning with the first year of nomination.And then report the date of travel in case of winning.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Educational Level: No Education Level is Required.
- Opportunity Targeting: Young Professionals, Mid Career Professionals.
- Interest: Health, Environment & Nature, Science, Social Sciences.
- CV, Research Proposal, Recommendation Letter.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Living individuals or public or private institutions of any nation.
- Persons or institutions eligible to make nominations include, but are not limited to: any individuals or entity in fields such as biology, oceanography, geology, medicine, public health, chemistry, physics, engineering and social science.
The award: $200,000 .
Opportunity Not Cover: Travel expenses.
Nominate an individual or an organization with a project that benefits the environment by filling out an application form and sending it to [email protected].
The application form includes:
- Full names and addresses of both the nominator and the nominee.
- A one to two-page summary of the individual’s or institution’s accomplishments, discovery, improvement, or other contributions for which the award is proposed, including appropriate links.
- A list of 3 to 5 individuals who would be ready to provide reference letters.
- CV (if the nominee is an individual).
For more information, please visit the website
If you have any questions, send an email to [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mostafa Ahmed Abdelkarem /Egypt “
Reviewed by” Ahmed Elsayed/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team