2 December 2019 at Hong Kong Time 12:00:00.
China, Hong Kong.
Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme.
Established by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong in 2009, the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s universities.
250 PhD Fellowships will be awarded in the 2020/21 academic year.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Engineering and Technology
- Social Science and Business Studies
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- For awardees who need more than three years to complete the PhD degree, additional support may be provided by the chosen universities
- Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability / potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
Candidates who are seeking admission as new full time PhD students in the following eight universities, irrespective of their country of origin, prior work experience and ethnic background, should be eligible to apply.
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
- Annual stipend of HK$309,600 (approximately US$39,700)
- A conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$12,900 (approximately US$1,700) per year for each awardee for a period up to three years
- The initial application must be submitted through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Electronic System. The system will assign an HKPFS Reference Number which an applicant needs to quote in their application for admission to the ir selected universities.
- Explanatory Notes for completing the Initial Application (in PDF format) Here.
Second Step: Submit Full Applications to Proposed Universities.
- After completing an initial application, applicants should submit full applications for their selected PhD programmes to the proposed universities quoting their HKPFS Reference Number before the universities’ respective deadlines. As regards programme information, requirements for PhD admission, application methods, regulations and policy of individual universities, please refer to individual and PhD programmes for information
- For enquiries about the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme, please contact email at .
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ghada Raafat/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Mohamed Magdi Eweda/ Egypt
& Rahaf Elkhodary/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team