1 December 2019 (Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission).
31 January 2020 (Meet University of British Colombia English Language Admission Standard).
Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award at University of British Colombia.
This need and merit based award recognizes outstanding international undergraduate students from impoverished or war-torn areas who have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances, and who would be unable to attend university without financial assistance.
University of British Columbia International Scholars have the potential to make a difference in the world. They are high academic achievers, they have demonstrated exceptional extracurricular activities, and they are dedicated to giving back to their communities.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- People, Culture and Society.
- History, Law and Politics.
- Languages and Linguistics.
- Media and Fine arts.
- Business and Economics.
- Earth, Environment, and Sustainability.
- Health and Life Sciences.
- Engineering and Technology.
- Math, Chemistry, and Physics.
EGYPT, SYRIA, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, MOROCCO, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, TURKEY, IRAN & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
One year (your award may be renewed for up to three additional years to degree completion).
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be graduating from a recognized senior secondary school.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must meet University of British Columbia admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement and leadership potential.
- You must come from a war-torn, politically unstable, or economically disadvantaged region of the world.
- You must have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances and have no financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary education in your own country or outside your country.
- The value of your Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award is proportional to your demonstrated financial need and sufficient to cover living expenses and tuition costs for your degree of study.
First Step: Create or log in to your University of British Columbia account
- To begin preparing your online application for undergraduate admission from Here
- Before Applying check Here
- You Should use your Full legal name as it appears in passport or other official documentations.
- When The admission application has been completed you must save it and submit it.
- DON’T PAY the application Fees , after you submit your application you will be given your UBC student number, this number should be included in the nomination package where indicated.
- Nominee must email the university at [email protected], provide the first name, surname,date of birth and ubc student number, then UBC will waive the application fee on your behalf.
Third Step: Submitting the DWISA nomination package:
- Nominations will be accepted from secondary schools and recognized international development agencies and their affiliates, or registered local or international charitable and not-for-profit organizations. A school or organization may nominate one student for UBC’s Donald Wehrung International Student Award (DWISA) for undergraduate study at UBC’s Vancouver campus or Okanagan campus.
- If a school nominates one student for the Donald Wehrung International Student Award, a nonprofit organization may NOT nominate another student from that same school for this award.
- The school/ Non-profit organization must send the completed DIWSA nomination package which containing the DIWSA nomination, official transcripts and other supporting documents in a sealed school or organization envelope with the school stamp across the envelope flap to :
The Administrator, Donald Wehrung International Student Award
International Student Initiative, The University of British Columbia
#1200 – 1874 East Mall, Brock Hall
Vancouver BC, CANADA V6T 1Z1
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Nourhan Shahin/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hanine Aymen/ Egypt “
& ” Mariam Mohamed Kamal/ Egypt “
MARJ3 Scholarships team