20 August, 2019.
Aberystwyth International Scholarship (AIS) – Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University offers International Undergraduate Scholarships that are worth £2,000 a year in tuition fee discounts. These scholarships are available for international students applying to study a full degree.
Aberystwyth University is a public research university in Aberystwyth, Wales. Aberystwyth was a founding member institution of the former federal University of Wales. The university has almost 8,000 students studying across 3 academic faculties and 17 departments.
Aberystwyth University is placed in the UK’s top 50 universities in the main national rankings and it has become the first university to be awarded with the prestigious prize “University of the year for teaching quality” by The Times/Sunday Good University Guide for two consecutive years (2018 and 2019).
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Accounting and Finance.
- Animal Behavior, Wildlife Conservation and Zoology.
- Art and Art History.
- Biochemistry, Genetics and Microbiology
- Biology, Human Biology and Health.
- Business and Management.
- Computer Science.
- Countryside Conservation, Ecology and Plant Biology.
- Drama, Theater, Film and Television Studies.
- Education and Childhood Studies.
- English and Creative Writing.
- Equine Science.
- Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences.
- Information Studies.
- Marine and Freshwater Biology.
- Modern Languages.
- Physics and Astronomy.
- Politics and International Politics.
- Sport and Exercise Science.
- Veterinary Bio-sciences and Animal Science.
- Welsh and Celtic Studies.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
1 academic year.
Scholarships will be available for International (non-EU) students commencing full-time courses in September 2019.
- You must be a full-time non-EU students who is planning to commence your studies in September 2019 in Aberystwyth.
- Selection will be on the basis of academic performance and the applicant’s suitability for their proposed course.
- Acceptance of an offer of an award must be received within 2 weeks of being offered.
- During and after the period of study the candidate may be asked to participate in promotional activities for the University. This may include receptions and social events, testimonial or publicity articles or even assisting with activities in their home country.
- Scholarships are available essentially for self-financed students, i.e. they cannot be held by:
- Students with full-awards, e.g. Chevening Scholarships, Commonwealth Shared Scholarship or any governmental award or any AU award.
- Students with any partial awards with a resultant combined value greater than 25% of the value of the tuition fees, with the exception of the International Excellence Undergraduate Scholarship.
- International (non-EU) applicants are required to pay a deposit towards their tuition fees in accordance with University policy. The Aberystwyth International Scholarship would thus be a reduction in the remaining tuition fees.
- Scholarships worth £2,000 a year towards tuition fees.
Complete online UCAS form and place Aberytwyth as your Firm choice of university.
– you’ll need to submit the following documents:
- Personal statement (Maximum 4000 character).
- Referee details including:
- Full title and name of referee.
- Organisation name.
- Telephone number.
- Fax number.
- Email address.
- TOEFL/ IELTS Test number.
It is not necessary to apply for the Scholarship – all international applicants will automatically be considered.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Aya Gamal ElGeddawy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Amari Assam/ Algeria ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team