31 December 2019 (17:00 Addis Ababa time).
UNHCR and Addis Ababa University’s Centre for Human Rights (CHR-AAU) Award for Research paper
UNHCR and Addis Ababa University’s Centre for Human Rights (CHR-AAU) invite African university students at the graduate (Masters or Doctoral) level to submit research essays on the topic of forced displacement in Africa to an essay competition being held in connection with the African Union’s (AU) theme of 2019.
Any research essay of no more than 3,000 words (including any cover page, table of contents, footnotes, bibliography, etc…) that offers a clear contribution on the topic of refugees and/or IDPs in Africa. The research may be theoretical, or it may incorporate empirical/field research findings.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Including but not limited to:
EGYPT, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA & COMOROS (AU Countries).
Open to deadline.
Applicant must be:
- Aged 18 or over.
- A national of, or ordinarily resident in, an AU member state.
- Registered at the graduate (Masters or Doctoral) level at a recognised university in an AU member state.
- The winning essay will be published on-line by UNHCR and CHR-AAU and the winner will receive a prize of US$1,000.
- Applicant must Submit the essay in PDF format to ” [email protected] “,
” [email protected] ” and ” [email protected] “.
Make sure to include on Email:
- Your full name.
- Your date of birth.
- Your phone number and email address.
- Your nationality or country of habitual residence.
- The name of the university where you are registered.
- Proof of registration.
- An endorsement in PDF format of no more than 200 words written by a faculty member from your university.
- Must be written in English.
- Must be endorsed by a faculty member from your university.
- May have been submitted for course credit or prepared exclusively for this competition.
Note: Selection criteria
The internal and expert juries will judge entries by the following criteria:
• Quality of writing.
• Quality of research.
• Timeliness and importance of topic.
• Contribution to increasing understanding of forced displacement in Africa.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahmed Kamal Madkor/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Sara Issam/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team