18 January 2019
New York, USA
The UN Global Compact offers internship opportunities in its New York office. The UN Global Compact pursues two complementary objectives:
- Making the UN Global Compact and its principles part of business strategy and operations everywhere; and
- Facilitating cooperation among key stakeholders by promoting partnerships and other collective action in support of UN goals.
The UN Global Compact offers internship opportunities in its New York office.Depending on their level of experience and training, UN Global Compact interns will:
- Conduct research relating to the topic of corporate sustainability, especially on human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption;
- Draft and edit publications, papers and other documents;
- Liaise with Global Compact stakeholders on key corporate sustainability topics;
- Support the organization of meetings and events;
- Assist with outreach activities;
- Handle email and other inquiries;
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned.
Learn more about the specific internship opportunities available with the Global Compact.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Responsibilities may vary depending upon the team that an intern chooses to work with. Teams within the Global Compact are as follows:
- Local Networks.
- Communications & Media.
- Brand and Communications.
- Participant Outreach and Engagement.
- Impact Measurement and Reporting.
- Government Affairs.
- Strategic Events.
- Partnerships & UN Relations.
- Intergovernmental Relations & Africa.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
From three to six months.
- Winter: January to March (3 months, with possibility of a 3-month extension thereafter).
- Spring: April to June (3 months, with possibility of a 3-month extension thereafter).
- Summer: July to September (3 months, possibility of 3-month extension thereafter).
- Winter: October to December (3 months, possibility of 3-month extension thereafter).
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme (bachelors or second university degree, or higher) at the time of application and during the internship; or
- Under some circumstances, applicants may have graduated within less than one year to commence a UN internship.
- Have excellent command of English or French.
- Neither a child or a sibling of a United Nations Secretariat staff member.
- United Nations interns are not paid. All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and living expenses must be borne by either the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
First Step: Create your account from here.
Second Step: Submit an online application at the UN Careers website.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the homepage to the “Search Job Openings” section and select “Internship” under the Category field.
- Select “New York” under the Duty Station field.
- Click on the Search button.
- This will lead you to a list of various internship openings. You will need to search for the UN Global Compact internship by Job Opening ID Number. (The Global Compact Internship Job Opening Numbers are: 106982 (April-June 2019 internship cycle).
- Then press “Apply Now”.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here: Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Samira Shehta/Egypt “
Reviewed by” Waad Othman/ Syria“
and ” Esraa Abdullzaher/ Egypt“
MARJ3 Scholarships team