December 1, 2018
Professional Fellow Program for Economic Empowerment
Applications are open for the Professional Fellow Program for Economic Empowerment for MENA 2019. The Professional Fellows Program for the Middle East and North Africa is a fully funded 6-week program in the U.S. for young professionals committed to empowering their communities through innovation and entrepreneurship, socially responsible businesses, and workforce development.
The program is divided into two cohorts (Spring and Fall). Both the spring and fall programs will conclude with a 4-day “Professional Fellows Congress” in Washington, DC. This event will bring approximately 350 fellows from around the world together at the end of their fellowship. Fellows will have the opportunity to build relationships with fellows from dozens of countries and learn the tools of effective leadership.
Each fellow will spend time developing an idea for a follow-on project to be implemented upon returning home. Fellows will participate in a number of training sessions to learn project design skills and write a project proposal during their time in the US. US delegates who acted as hosts or mentors during the US immersion segment will be selected to travel to Algeria, Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco, or Tunisia to co-lead training seminars and gain first-hand knowledge of the country and its people. Fellows will assist in planning the US Delegation’s visit and hosting them. The Spring Delegation (Tunisia & Morocco) is from April 20 – June 1, 2019.
- A one-week host family stay.
- A one-week business development and social entrepreneurship intensive with University Partner.
- A one-month fellowship placement in individual businesses and/or offices in Washington, D.C.
- 4- days Participation in the Professional Fellows Congress.
- Design and development of a complete proposal for a follow-on project to be carried out by PFP fellows, supported by mini-grants.
You can see detailed information from FAQ, click Here.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Business and Management
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic Planning
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Applicants should be between 25 – 40 years old;
- A current citizen and resident of Morocco or Tunisia
- Speak fluent to English (enough to work full-time in a US fellowship);
- Have at least two years‘ work experience in their field;
- Currently employed;
- Interest in hosting reciprocal program for Americans in your country;
- Able to convene 25 or more colleagues for post-trip briefings, presentations, and project work;
- Have demonstrated strong leadership skills and commitment to community;
- Demonstrates initiative, teamwork, and openness;
- Preference will be given to those who have not previously traveled on a U.S. government funded program.
They provide reasonable accommodations as needed to people with disabilities. Want to know more about reasonable accommodations?
For more information, Click here.
- If you are selected as a finalist, Legacy International and the US Department of State will cover all costs associated with your international travel, visa, and basic living costs in the U.S.
The selected fellow will learn:
- Effective practices in business management (developing a business plan, financing and accounting, human resource management, marketing, strategic planning, and networking, etc.);
- Principles of social entrepreneurship and increase the ability to run effective community outreach and public relations campaigns;
- Best practices from American colleagues in workforce development, gain exposure to models and innovative and practical ideas and tools to increase the effectiveness of these programs;
- Increase the ability to think “outside of the box,” and spark creative, innovative approaches to problems, products, and marketplaces;
- Acquire new skills and strategies to engage effectively with policymakers and government officials;
- Form new or improved strategic partnerships.
First Step: Select your Nationality.
Second Step: Create your own account.
Third Step: Verify your account from a verification message sent to your e-mail.
Fourth Step: Reset your Password.
Fifth Step: Log In.
Sixth Step: Select your nationality.
Seventh Step: Complete your Application Form, then ”Submit”.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Alyaa Abdelraouf / Egypt“
Reviewed by”Shahira Aliwi / Syria“
“Rehab Ali / Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team