31 October 2019
Academic Excellence Scholarship (AES) – Vesalius College
Vesalius College seeks students who are able to meet the challenges of our academic programme and are willing to participate fully in the intellectual and social life of the College in a spirit of openness and tolerance.
Vesalius College will award Academic Excellence Scholarships to students who have outstanding academic records in secondary school and whose extra-curricular achievements show evidence of leadership in today’s global society. Other factors include one letter of recommendation from their secondary school and, in certain cases, standardised test scores.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Business Studies (Global Business and Entrepreneurship).
- Global Communication.
- International Affairs.
- International & European Law.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Prospective students must possess outstanding academic records and personal integrity, as demonstrated by grades, extra-curricular activities, standardised test scores (such as TOEFL, SAT) and one letter of recommendation.
- Prospective students must have been accepted into a Vesalius College Bachelor Programme as a full-time, first-year/freshman student and must submit a separate application form for the Academic Excellence Scholarship (click here).
- Transfer students are not eligible for the Vesalius Academic Excellence Scholarship.
- There is a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) required to obtain a scholarship. Vesalius College will also take motivation and extra-curricular activities into consideration. Evidently, better scores and grades, combined with strong motivation and participation in extra-curricular activities will improve one’s chances of acquiring a scholarship.
- There are no limitations with regards to citizenship & residency. All applicants will be treated fairly and equally.
- The Scholarships may be renewed for all three years of the undergraduate programme. For renewal, a minimum GPA must be maintained.
Minimum Requirements for the Academic Excellence Scholarship:
|High School Diploma||GPA/scores||SAT / ACT||TOEFL / IELTS / C2 Proficiency or CPE / C1 Advanced or CAE|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma||37 Points|
|American High school Diploma||3.8/4.0 GPA||SAT Math: 630
SAT Evidence-Based Reading & Writing: 630ACT Composite: 29/36
|Belgian High School Diploma||80 %||TOEFL: 100 / IELTS: 7 / C2 Proficiency or CPE: B / C1 Advanced or CAE: B|
|German Abitur||1.8||TOEFL: 100 / IELTS: 7 / C2 Proficiency or CPE: B / C1 Advanced or CAE: B|
|French Baccalaureate||16||TOEFL: 100 / IELTS: 7 / C2 Proficiency or CPE: B / C1 Advanced or CAE: B|
|European Baccalaureate||80 %||(TOEFL:100/IELTS:7/CPE:B/CAE:B)|
For minimum eligibility requirements applicable to other types of secondary school diplomas, please contact the Admissions Office.
If your specific secondary school diploma is not listed in the table above, it does not mean that your chances of receiving a scholarship are limited. In other words: regardless of where you obtain your secondary education around the globe, if you fulfill the requirements above have outstanding academic results, you have the possibility of obtaining a scholarship from Vesalius College.
- The College’s merit-based financial assistance can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester (€6.500 for the Spring semester)
- For more detailed information on the tuition, the fees, the deferred payment plan and estimated living costs, please click here.
First Step: You must create an account to start to fill your application and get an offer from college from here.
Note: When students submit their application, they must include a nonrefundable fee of 70€. This fee is also applicable to Study Abroad students. To pay tuition and fees, please click here.
Second Step: During your online applications, you will need to submit the following requirements:
- Official academic credentials and transcripts (showing courses and grades) from all secondary schools and universities attended.
- submit test scores for Engilsh language proficiency such as TOEFL or IELTS or CPE or CAE.
- Submit scores of tests such as SAT or ACT.
- One letter of recommendation.
- A motivation letter or a personal essay on an issue of local, national or international or personal interest that is important to you. Please explain us why this issue is important to you (minimum 300 words).
- A curriculum vitae (for students who have been out of secondary school for several years).
- A photocopy of either a passport or of a national identity card.
For more information, please contact the Admissions Office.
Third Step: Then, you must fill the application of the scholarship from here, if you were a first-year/freshman student, and return it and the supporting documents to the following email: [email protected].
For more information about the applying process, press here.
Note that When students submit their application, they must include a nonrefundable fee of 70€. This fee is also applicable to Study Abroad students.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Abdel Haliem Abass/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Mona Awad/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team