31 August 2018
Trust Future Uganda – Volunteer and Intern Opportunities
Volunteer opportunity with Trust Future Uganda will not only help you gain valuable experience but also help them to extend the impact of Trust Future Uganda and to fulfill their mission. You can help them grow and prosper by sharing your talents.
Join fellow volunteers and lend a hand, explore a host country, build global friendships and make a difference.
TFU project programs focus on:
– Education training and livelihood centers for Children and youth.
– Food and water security.
– Spiritual Uplifting.
– Home and community building.
For more information, check out the Volunteer Guide: (Click here)
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
- Spiritual Uplifting; To nurture a God fearing next generation who will serve in the Kingdom of the Lord. We need to teach our people the true Gospel of Christ Jesus. One can volunteer as a missionary of the gospel here at Trust Future Uganda.
- Management: accountancy and finance of the projects, prioritize NGO’s needs – Project management: planning, implementation, monitoring, defining budget and evaluation, finding new sources of sustainability.
- Research work: qualitative and quantitative research about our beneficiaries (disadvantaged women, youth and children) regarding to living conditions, health, income, nutrition, accommodation, etc.
- Field work: social work in the communities, meetings and interactions with our beneficiaries (advices and prevention), guidance and psychological support.
- Journalism: in order to create awareness among the social network, you will collect and write short interviews and positive stories of Trust Future’s members – either staff, or beneficiaries (Humans of Trust Future).
- Marketing / communication: strategic marketing and operational, promotion of the projects, creation of promotional supports (video, brochure, flyers, business card, …), promotion of volunteering (through also voluntourism) and internship, writing job description of volunteering opportunities, finding international market for Women empowerment’s craft products, etc.
- E Marketing: interactions with the web users on social networks (i.e. Facebook) and the website (update and writing)
- Public Relations(partnership-building): with the objective of recruiting new volunteers/internships and collecting supports, you will be looking for international partnerships with High School (social workers, teachers), Secondary School, foundations, companies (Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), etc., – search of local partners (building a strong network), – fundraising program (writing fundraising proposals and implementation)
- Teaching: in collaboration with the teaching staff, you will teach subjects such as English, Mathematics, Sciences, Geography, Physical Education, Art (drawing and painting) or any other relevant subject (i.e. foreign languages, computer skills).
- Photography/ Video: in order to create awareness about Ugandan living conditions and culture, you can capture pictures or videos of Trust Future’s environment (community) or members (staff, beneficiaries).
- Computer Informatic Skills: updating of the website, document development and graphic designing.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
1-6 months. You can also stay for more than 6 months as part of long-term volunteering. There are no limitations from their side.
- The age range of most volunteers is between 18 to 50 years old
- You should be an open-minded and flexible person who is willing to work independently.
- Respect confidentiality and privacy.
- Be punctual and reliable.
- Carry out the duties listed in your volunteer position description.
- Be accountable.
- Give notice if your availability changes or you are leaving the organization.
- Report any injuries or hazards that you notice in the workplace.
- Adhere to the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Deal with complaints in the appropriate manner.
- Undertake training as requested.
- Ask for support when needed.
- Support other team members.
Due to the limited resources of the organization you have to carry the costs for your voluntary service including your flight and your health insurance as well as medical treatment or any other insurance. They will help you find an appropriate accommodation for a small price. They will take care of you and provide you with an orientation and social support when needed. Please consider also costs for your food, drinking water and your transport apart from the transport during your working hours.
First Step: Download and fill in the application from here.
Second Step: Send it to: [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“ Shimaa Elgizawy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Raghda M. Nagy/ Egypt and Fatma Samy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team