10 October 2019
Kuterevo long-term volunteering
Velebit Association Kuterevo (VUK) is an organization in Velebit mountain, Croatia. International volunteers have been coming in Kuterevo village since 1978, and organization is running a Bear Refuge since 2002. The main issues VUK is dealing with are animal welfare, nature conservation and preserving cultural heritage
Some of the tasks during the volunteers servise will include: – maintaining facilities in Bear Refuge – support Volunteers’ Station and its work – taking care of animals (bears, chicken, geese, ponies and all other animals) – guiding visitors and introducing topic of environment and nature conservation to them – support creation of publication for celebration of 40 years of Kuterevo Spirit – working with local community.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Environment and natural protection
EGYPT, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, Syria, LIBYA, TURKEY, CYPRUS & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
During the period 01/12/2019 to 28/05/2020.
- mountain and nature lovers.
- hard working and flexible to the needs of Velebit Association Kuterevo .
- able to communicate openly, ready to step outside of the comfort zone; open for learning new things.
- wants to explore simple lifestyle in community, in a small mountain village.
- some skills in writting, photography and video could contribute to documenting the activities.
- positive attitude and like to be part of the team.
- likes to learn and experience different things.
- The volunteers will be accommodated in houses of local people, in rooms they will share with another volunteer.
- Their accommodation will be few minutes walk from the Volunteers’ Station, where they will be spending most of their day working and having leisure with other volunteers.
- Food will be prepared and eaten together in Volunteers’ Station, and it will be vegeterian.
- Travel will be organized by the volunteer, with help from sending and hosting organization for local transportation.
- Accommodation, food, pocket money and travel costs will be covered by the project.
First Step: you need to create profile on the official website of the opportunity, from here
Second Step: Apply online from here
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hadeer Magdy/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Rahaf Elkhodary/ Egypt and Samah Gacem/ Algeria”
MARJ3 Scholarships team