31 July 2020
Working with social disadvantaged children/teens!
Gigos Genk is an NGO with 5 youth centers located in 5 different places in Genk. All these different organizations work with social disadvantaged children and youngsters between 3 and 25 years old. They offer daily activities in the leisure time of the children and youngsters. Activities can be sports, games, handy crafts, but also educational activities like how to live healthily, education about drugs/ gambling, how to apply for a job,… Next to these activities, they also organize social, artistic, cultural workshops.
Workshops are street theater, photography, dance, multimedia. Through these workshops, They want to offer a forum where youngsters can show their talents. Volunteers work 5 days a week with the children and youngsters. They will have the opportunity to create their own project.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Social challenges
- Reception and integration of refugees and migrants
- Education and training
- Creativity and culture
EGYPT, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, LIBYA, CYPRUS & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA
A total of 51 week(s) during the period 06/10/2020 to 05/10/2021
- They are looking for a volunteer (M/F) with a dose of positivism and maturity and who is enthusiastic by the thought of working with children and youngsters.
- Having some experience in working with children and youngsters is a surplus! We select volunteers on the base of creativity, flexibility, social skills, open-mindedness towards all cultures.
- They have to love working with children and youngsters.
- Send your CV and motivation letter! BE CREATIVE!
- They, as coordinating organization, will arrange the travel for the volunteers.
- They send volunteers their e-ticket and all the info.
- Their 4 volunteers will live in a house that they need to share. volunteers will have their own bedroom but the living room, kitchen, and bathroom are shared.
- Each month volunteers will receive money for food costs and pocket money.
- When volunteers arrive the organisation will provide them a bus pass to travel around Flanders. At their house, a bicycle is available or each volunteer
First Step: Create an account on the organization’s website here
Second Step: You will receive an e-mail containing the link that enables you to log in to the application form
Third Step: Log in and select a password, then click on my profile to add your personal data, experiences, and CV
Fourth Step: After completing the modification of your data, go back here and click apply.
Fifth Step: Type a motivation statement which should be at least 500 characters. and then press sent
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Fatma Zalat/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Reem Ghazal/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team