1 June 2019
VUB Scholarships & B-PHOT Excellence Scholarships for European Master of Science in Photonics
The programme provides you with an analytical skillset that is far above average. In combination with the very valuable focus on industrial photonics applications, you will be prepared to go the extra mile and tackle challenging problems in your future career.
Next to advanced photonics courses by professors with an impressive track record in photonics and optics research at B-PHOT, 35% of the programme offers hands-on training through labs, research projects and internships. The students of the programme graduate with a joint degree from Ghent University and Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Bridging physics
- Electrical Engineering
- Applied Physics
- Materials Sciences
- Optical communication
- Optical materials
- Optical sensors
- Industrial Science – Electronics/ICT
- Engineering Science
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Scholarships are available for International students.
- The programme is open to applicants with a bachelor or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, (Applied) Physics, Materials Sciences or equivalent.
- Students in their last year of such programmes will also be considered.
- Applicants holding a bachelor or master degree in another field of engineering are welcome to join the programme through a personalized preparatory programme.
- Belgian Bachelors in IR Architecture, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry and Biotechnology, industrial Science – Electronics/ICT, Engineering Science or KMS Polytechnical Department can apply for the preparatory programme of 30 ECTS.
- Language requirements for international students: (TOEFL at least 570 or 87, IELTS at least 6).
For more information about Eligibility Requirements here
- After your successful application, the Vrije Universiteit Brussel can grant one of the full scholarships of 10 000,00 EUR per year to students of the European Master of Science in Photonics at VUB. This scholarship is foreseen to cover cost of living inherent to studying in Brussels.
VUB B-PHOT Excellence Scholarships:
- three Entry Scholarships of 1000 Euro, at the beginning of the first semester of the first year of the MSc.. The recipients are the 3 best ranked students according to our selection criteria.
- three Continuation Scholarships of 1500 Euro, at the start of the second semester of the first year of the MSc. will be awarded to the top 3 students according to the academic performance after semester 1. Also students who didn’t receive the Entry Scholarship will be considered for the Continuation Scholarship.
- one Excellence Scholarship will be awarded, worth 5000 Euro, at the start of the the second year of the MSc..
- All students who register for the MSc. in Photonics at VUB are eligible to be awarded a B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship by the researach group without separate application procedure.
- The candidates who receive the B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship must commit themselves to do a MSc. thesis at VUB.
- Students who graduate with honours and show excellence in knowledge and applications, will be invited to apply for a PhD at VUB B-PHOT.
For more information about the Scholarships here
First Step: Apply here.
Second Step: Upload the following documents:
- Copy of ID (ID / Passport / Drivers License)
- Motivation letter
- University certificates and transcripts
- Two recommendation letters
- English Language proof
- Supporting documents (papers, list of publications, awards)
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohamed Ismail/ Sudan “
Reviewed by” Doha Elamin/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team