28 September 2018.
Call for Submissions »WimmelResearch-Fellowship«
The purpose of the fellowship is to encourage artists and researchers to explore new ideas and to shape future-oriented concepts together. The central aim of Platform 12 is the creation of a variable and open setting in which artists and employees are working simultaneously on their projects, encounter one another and exchange ideas. The concept intends for the artist to be present at Platform 12 for the entire duration of the fellowship. The artist should contribute to the platform with their extrinsic critical reflections and aesthetic settings vis-à-vis the company. These can be constructed visually, interactively or performatively.
The »WimmelResearch-Fellowship« will be awarded as part of a joint project between Robert Bosch GmbH, Akademie Schloss Solitude and Wimmelforschung.
The collaboration is based on the development of Platform 12, an experimental space designed by the artistic duo Wimmelforschung in collaboration with Bosch as part of Bosch’s new center for research and advance engineering. The platform serves as a creative hub and room for reflection as well as communication for all researchers. It offers an environment that allows its employees to work independently from the organizational structure of the company. As an essential feature, Platform 12 contains a permanent collaboration with Akademie Schloss Solitude, in the framework of which artists of various disciplines engage with the company as indirect observers and initiators in order to exchange ideas with researchers and to work on their own and joint artistic projects.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Film making.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
The funding period amounts to maximal 3 months.
- Artists (including architects, designers, authors, sound artists, filmmakers, coders), who have a serious interest in interdisciplinary exchange.
- An active examination and artistic reflection of the respectively encountered working conditions in the context of Platform 12 are required.
- Individuals can apply for a fellowship. The fellowship is open to artists of all ages with the exception of currently enrolled university or college students.
- The fellowship is a residence fellowship; continuous daily presence (Mo–Fr) on Platform 12 is mandator. Prior to the fellowship there is minimum one-day attendance mandatory for orientation as well as a first meeting with Wimmelforschung and Robert Bosch GmbH in Stuttgart and an interview before and after the fellowship.
- Good language skills in English are essential, language skills in German are favored.
- A stipend amounting to Euro 1,200 monthly (plus one-time expenses incurred by the fellowship holder travelling to and from Stuttgart from their primary place of residence).
- If applicable, a project-related budget.
- A combined apartment studio, furnished with electricity, water and heat free of charge.
- For the duration of the fellowship the respective artist will be mentored by Wimmelforschung and Akademie Schloss Solitude.
First Step: The application is made online. Submitted material should include:
- A speculative or fictional idea, question, or theme that you would like to work on during the time of the fellowship at Bosch (max. 1 Din A4 page).
- A motivation letter (max. 1 Din A4 page).
- A short biography and informative portfolio or documentation on previous artistic work.
Second Step: All documents should be sent exclusively in PDF format via e-mail to: [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
For further inquiries: [email protected]
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Nashwa Attallah/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Ahmad Samy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team