15th January 2020.
Berlin, Germany (Award Ceremony).
Start Up Energy Transition Award
Start Up Energy Transition (SET) is a leading international platform supporting innovation in energy transition. SET is implemented with the conviction that sustainable energy solutions and mitigating climate change are directly linked to a bridge between inventive business models and political will.
Powered by the German Energy Agency (dena) in cooperation with the World Energy Council (WEC), our initiative connects start-ups, international venture capitalists & investors, and partners in the public sector. As a global platform, we link like-minded people from various fields to promote innovation and make global energy transition a success.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Renewable Energies & Materials.
- Digital Energy Systems.
- Energy Efficiency Solutions.
- Smart Mobility.
- Quality Access & SDG-7.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- September 30th, 2019 – January 15th, 2020: Application phase.
- January 15th – mid-February, 2020: Analysts of our partner EarlyMetrics, to rank and evaluate applications; high-level jury evaluations.
- Mid-February, 2020: Top 15 announced and invited to Berlin; SET 100 announced.
- Week of March 24th, 2020: pitch coaching, high-level jury meeting & finalist pitching in Berlin at Tech Festival. Announcement of winners at BETD-hosted Award Ceremony.
- Applicants may only apply to one category. All subsequent applications to other categories will be disqualified. This also applies to the Special Prize: Quality Access & SDG-7.
- The start-up must not have been founded longer than ten years ago. In other words, the date of foundation cannot exceed 2009.
- The application, including any attached documents, must be in English.
- The start-up must be able to present a functioning prototype. In addition, the applicant must be able to present a legal framework, proof of concept or a client, and/or an industrial/corporate/institutional partner.
- The applicant must fill out the entire form. Partially completed applications will not be accepted.
- National and international companies that contribute to the success of the energy transition with their products can apply for the ‘Start Up Energy Transition Award’
- For all Participants: join the global platform of innovation leaders; see your views represented in the Energy Innovators Issues Monitor; Inform and influence policies that will boost innovation.
- For the #SET100 2020: the Top 100-ranked applicants will be featured in our annual publication which is circulated to investors, corporates and political stakeholders across the globe. The Top 100 also receive a free ticket to the SET Tech Festival 2020.
- For all Finalists: return-flight to Berlin, and accommodation for 2 representatives of the start-up to attend the Tech Festival; Pitch coaching; Meet-and-greet with high-level jury, Individual booth at Tech Festival; Live pitches at Tech Festival; Investor-matchmaking; Tickets to the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (BETD); Content creation: interviews and branding in all communication material.
- Winners of each category: up to 10.000 Euros prize money; Participation on the winners’ panel at the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (BETD); Profile of start-up celebrated across the World Energy Council’ s global energy network in 99 countries. In addition, start-ups will have the opportunity to attend the World Energy Leaders’ Summits.
First Step: Choose your category from here and click the “apply” button.
Second Step: create your own account, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you, check your e-mail.
Third Step: Log in to your account and submit your application.
Note: The application, including any attached documents, must be in English.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hesham Galal / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Eman Fadel Ali / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team