Egypt: May 19th 2020.
United Arab Emirates: May 30th 2020.
Turkey: June 12th 2020.
Cyprus: early May 2020.
To find the deadline for applying to each country here.
Online–Amsterdam. (And follow the official website to know all new upgrades).
(Prize /Fully Funded)
Climate Launchpad 2020
Climate Launchpad is the world’s largest green business ideas competition. Innovation and invention can lead the way to a clean future. That’s why we create a competition for the people who have great cleantech ideas and help them develop those ideas into startups making a global impact. Also, ClimateLaunchpad is part of the Entrepreneurship offerings of Climate-KIC.
- Business or Market Potential. Does the proposition address real pain? Is there an identified customer segment? Is there an opportunity to expand in other markets?
- Job Potential or Social Impact. Does this business have the potential for strong growth and create jobs doing so? Does it address an important environmental or social issue?
- Innovation or Technology Potential. Is there a strong new technology? Is there a strong new business model? Or an idea with an existing technology/business model?
- Climate Impact. Is there a significant climate impact? Is the climate impact significant in this business sector?
- Strength Management Team. Is there an entrepreneurial spirit in the team? How complete is the team for the task at hand? Does the team have prior start-up experience?
- Quality of Pitch.
Cyprus, Egypt, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and other countries are not from the Middle East and North Africa.
If your country not found here you can create a register for your country from here.
From January to September.
- Applications open January 13th, 2020.
- Submission deadlines: February – May 2020.
- Boot Camps: March-May 2020.
- National Finals: June – August 2020.
- Global Grand Final: End of September.
Then Your application will be reviewed and ranked by a review board in the country you applied for. This panel selects a minimum of 12-25 business ideas per country for participation in the 2-day Boot Camp. You’ll be invited by e-mail, so keep an eye on your mailbox.
- The competition consists of two stages: Step 1: Boot Camp ClimateLaunchpad kicks off with a 2-day Boot Camp in your own country. Our trainers will teach you all you need to know about jump-starting your business.Step 2: Intensive coaching and National Finals (and if applicable Regional Finals)
The training program follows an intensive training period. You will improve your presentation and business model. After that, you will be ready to present in the national final, then the first teams will move to the world finals.
Eligibility Requirements (Criteria)
- You need a good idea.
- To be ready to work harder than you have ever before.
- And dream bigger than you thought possible.
- You should be able to dazzle the jury.
- Work in teamwork.
- You are required to attend the 2-day Boot Camp in your country.
- Take part in five out of six coaching sessions.
- Compete in the National Final and the Global Grand Final.
- You risk a € 500 fine if you don’t show up to any of the sessions and you will not be able to participate any further.
- The idea that comes in First place wins € 10,000.
- The idea that comes in second place wins € 5,000.
- The idea that comes in Third place wins € 2,500.
- The top 16 teams selected by the jury to perform in the Final Round of the Global Grand Final, will automatically get direct access to the Climate-KIC ClimateLaunchpad Accelerator, (the renowned business school where great ideas grow into great businesses).for more information click here
- Unless we say otherwise, you are responsible for all costs and expenses related to your entry into and participation in the competition, for example, travel and stay for the Boot Camp, coaching sessions, National/Regional/Global Grand Final. Every country will try to sponsor your travel expenses to the Regional Final (if applicable) and Global Grand Final. This is something that you have to check with the National Lead in your country once you have been accepted into the program.
How to Apply
First Step: You can only enter ClimateLaunchpad in your own country.
Second Step: Apply by filling out the application form for which you’ll answer questions like what problem you are solving and what climate impact you expect to make. No need for a business plan just yet. We’ll help you strengthen your plan or teach you how to create one.
Know more about this opportunity:
Marj3 recommended links
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Seif Eiwa/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hager Darwish / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team