1 February 2021
United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Sharjah Award for Theatrical Authorship – Senior Texts
The first launch of the theatrical authorship award in 1996 was an appreciation and appreciation for writers and theater creators from the children of the United Arab Emirates and citizens of the Gulf Cooperation Council countries
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Theatrical Authorship – Senior Texts
SAUDI ARABIA, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, OMAN, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN
Closing date for accepting entries: 1st February each year.
The date for announcing the award results: during Sharjah theatrical days in March of each year.
The date for announcing the launch of the award: At the end of the theatrical days of Sharjah every year, the announcement of the award begins and the participation of participants for the new session
- The participant must be a citizen of the Gulf Cooperation Council states (over 21 years old)
- The use of classical Arabic language except for cases that are called for by the dramatic construction of the nature of theatrical work.
- The topic of the theatrical text deals with the environment, heritage, local history and social affairs.
- Participating works must be unique and new to their topics.
- You can participate in one theatrical text.
- The texts are presented in three copies in paper form in addition to a copy on (CD).
- That the theatrical text fulfill the conditions of production in the country, taking into account customs, traditions, moral values and norms.
- The theatrical texts submitted for the competition are prepared for publication for the first time and have not been previously printed in a book or published in newspapers, periodicals, or on the websites.
- The submitted texts should not have participated or won in similar competitions.
- The administration is not obligated to return the submitted texts.
- Winners are invited to attend the award ceremony during the theatrical days cycle.
- Sharjah Culture Department reserves the right to publish the first edition of the winning texts, and its right to produce the work within the first two years of the announcement of the victory.
- First place: 100,000 dirhams
- Second place: 50 thousand dirhams
- Third place: 25 thousand dirhams
First Step: Prepare the following documents:
- Providing three copies of the texts submitted for the award, in addition to a copy on (CD).
- Fill out the nomination form for the award.
- A copy of the registration ID, passport or proof of identity.
- The full postal address attached to the phone numbers and e-mail.
- Two personal photos.
Second Step: Register online from here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Naira Samir/ Egypt“
“Nada Samir/ Egypt“
MARJ3 Scholarship Team