28th February 2020 on midnight (UK time)
Future Skills Innovation Challenge 2020
We are in an unprecedented time of change. The future is both exciting and daunting. Now, more than ever, having the right skills to succeed is vitally important to ensure everyone can thrive. Ashoka and HSBC recognize the power of social entrepreneurs to help develop the skills needed to plan for a successful future, both financially and through meaningful employment. That’s why we have launched the Future Skills Innovation Challenge, an international competition aimed at recognizing, supporting and nurturing the best social entrepreneurs and their innovations.
What are future skills?
These are competencies that increase financial capability and employability — equipping our communities to play an active role in the economy of the future. Financial capability means having the skills, attitudes and tools needed to manage money effectively. Employability is a set of achievements, understandings and attributes that make individuals more likely to gain employment and to be successful in their chosen occupations. To thrive in the future, communities and individuals will need these essential skills.
WHAT SORT OF SOLUTIONS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We hope to be surprised by the ideas we receive. But to give you a bit of steer on the sorts of solutions we’re excited by:
Within the topic of Financial Capability we love innovations such as:
- Digital solutions which empower people with the knowledge and skills to manage their money effectively.
- Innovations that change people’s behaviours and enable them to be financially healthy.
Within the topic of Employability we love innovations such as:
- Entrepreneurs who focus on developing innovative, high-quality future skills training that will skill, re-skill and up-skill people.
- Ideas that help people foster the mindset of continuous learning – especially in industries that are most vulnerable to the effects of automation.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Social entrepreneurship
EGYPT, ALGERIA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, TURKEY & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
- Partnership and Challenge Page Launches – 16th December, 2019
- Entries Open – 6th January, 2020
- Entry Phase – 6th January to 28th February, 2020
- Screening & Peer Review – 2nd March to 27th March, 2020
- Semi-finalists Announced – 27th March, 2020
- Refining – 30th March – 6th April, 2020
- Shortlisting – 7th April – 24th April, 2020
- Finalists Announced – 27th April, 2020
- Judges Panel and Due Diligence – 28th April to 15th May, 2020
- Winners announcement – Late May, 2020
- You must have incorporated as a non-profit, for-profit, or hybrid organization.
- You must be over 18 by the time you apply.
- If your product has not launched, you must have a business plan and MVP (prototype, pilot, or another proof of concept).
- Entries will only be accepted in English (winners will be expected to engage in activities that require English proficiency).
- We are open to entries from the following markets: Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bermuda, Canada, Chile, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, UK (inc Channel Islands), USA, Vietnam.
All applicants will:
- Have the opportunity to receive peer feedback via the prize online platform, including the opportunity to view, review and connect with other applicants of the Future Skills Challenge.
- Receive feedback from Ashoka and/or HSBC representatives.
Up to 50 semi-finalists will:
- Have an opportunity to refine entries and incorporate feedback received in the screening phase Receive additional feedback from experts from HSBC & Ashoka
- Be referred as semi-finalists in the announcement communications
- Access a call for semi-finalists to connect with peers
There will be 12 challenges winners, across 3 categories:
-Most scalable solutions-
- Awarded to solutions with proven models who have potential to begin scaling their impact.
- Winners receive and up to $25k cash prize plus support & mentoring from HSBC and Ashoka on how to scale and raise additional finance.
-Most innovative solutions-
- Awarded to solutions with an innovative use of technology.
- Winners receive up to $20k cash prize plus support & mentoring to help develop their innovation.
-Best early-stage ideas-
- Awarded to solutions with highly innovative ideas which are still at an early-stage.
- Winners receive up to $12.5k cash prize plus support & mentoring to develop their idea.
First Step: Click on “Add your idea”
Second Step: Fill your personal information
Third Step: Complete the form about your idea
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Amina Altesheh / Syria “
Reviewed by” Gehad Salem/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team