June 5, 2020
Robots in Quarantine Design Competition
We hope to use our time in quarantine as window of possibility for designers, creatives, and technologists to push boundaries and spark innovation. We believe robotics are an incredibly powerful tool – especially in the hands of designers. How can we push boundaries with the power of these machines?
We will be giving our robots to individuals and teams whose proposals are chosen through this design competition.
We’re especially interested to see relevant healthcare applications for obvious reasons, however we’re open to a range of proposals – from art and performance, to manufacturing, recycling, and solutions for human interactions like retail and events. The work developed with our robotics can be scaled up for huge global impact, or be used for artistic statements and bespoke sculptural or manufacturing works… we’re open to all of the above.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- JUNE 5, 2020: Submissions due by 11:59 ET.
- EARLY JULY: finalists announced.
- EARLY AUGUST: residency and prize winners announced.
- Sept – Dec: residency to align with fall internship period.
- Jan / Feb 2021: residency gallery opening to showcase developed projects.
- Current BRDG Studios employees are not eligible to participate in this competition.
- No member of the jury may participate in this competition, assist individuals or teams (“Applicants”) with their
submission to the competition (“Submission”), or act in any other capacity or way to advise or aid in the development or presentation of a Submission.
- No partner, associate, or employer/employee of a jury member may participate in the competition.
- Finalists: One finalist will receive $2,500 prize, residency at BRDG Studios in Philadelphia to develop proposals into working prototypes and proof of concepts; Robotics training, exposure, access to mentorship, access to additional resources, and additional development opportunities.
- Honorable mentions: posts on social media and blogs mentioning work with full credits.
- Extension of Residency Program: semi-finalists will be considered for a possible extension of the residency program in the future.
submit your proposal electronically as a single PDF document via the submission portal. The PDF should be
formatted 11×17 inches in landscape orientation, no longer than 10 pages, and no larger than 10MB. Title your PDF file with “.” Hard copies of submission materials will not be accepted.
For more information click here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Fatma Sayed/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Mohamed Sayed/Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team