30 September 2019.
One World Award 2020
Until September 30, 2019 you can nominate once again innovative ideas, projects and people for the One World Award (OWA). This international prize is awarded for the sixth time by the natural health food producer Rapunzel Naturkost and IFOAM – Organics International, the international umbrella organization for organic agriculture.
The ONE WORLD AWARD (OWA) honors the visions and activities of persons and organizations. Activities that aim to make the world a better place could be integrated for example in the social environment of a municipality, a cooperative, an association or a company etc.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Conservation of nature and biodiversity
- Improving the practice of organic farming and/or food processing
- Contributions to stop climate change (energy conservation or use of renewable energy)
- Waste reduction and waste management
- Fighting the spread of genetically modified organisms (GMO)
- Innovative business models and practice
- Fair trade
- Creating new jobs / fighting poverty
- Community involvement and benefits.
- Strengthening women / gender balance.
- Peaceful living (interreligious, interracial, etc).
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Deadline for submission is 30 September 2019, The festive OWA award ceremony will take place in September 2020
- Innovative ideas, projects and people for the One World Award can be nominated.
- Nominations for the international ONE WORLD AWARD can be submitted from any country in the world. The OWA has no preferences with respect to certain geographical regions.
- Nominations can be submitted either by individuals or by organizations.
- The nominees should be persons engaged in the areas of organic agriculture, food processing and/or trade. The OWA thus recognizes and awards outstanding achievements of individuals who are working in the social context of a community, cooperative, association, company etc, Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Each of the five selected persons will receive an award certificate and a 2.500 Euro cash prize.
- The OWA Laureate will be acknowledged with a beautiful statue (“Lady OWA”) and a 25.000 Euro cash prize.
First Step: All nominations have to be submitted using the OWA registration form that can be downloaded from here.
Second Step: Prepare the following:
- Curriculum Vitae of the nominee.
- Description of the organizational setting (community, cooperative, NGO, company etc.).
- General description of the activities, achievements and merits justifying the nomination.
- Specific description with reference to the three pillars of sustainability that are used as selectio criteria (please consider the described selection criteria!).
- Number of members, staff or beneficiaries.
- Financial frame respectively funding of the activities and achievements.
- Please name two reference persons including address and web links.
- List of enclosures.
- Name and contact details of the presenter.
Third Step: Fill out the form and send it with all necessary materials to:
ONE WORLD AWARD
c/o RAPUNZEL NATURKOST
Note: Submissions via electronic mail are not accepted. Additional documentation and information material supporting the nomination (articles, reports, brochures, pictures, videos/DVDs etc.). should be submitted together with the OWA registration form. Nominations must be submitted in English.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hesham Galal / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Hanine Aymen / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team