Midnight (GMT) on 30 November 2019.
2020 Prizes for Refugee Projects Open for Entries.
Ockenden seeks to support locally-based and/or refugee-led organisations that work directly with refugees and displaced people to advance self-reliance. Small-scale local organisations have the ability to be agile, well-targeted and highly cost-efficient. However, external funding can be hard to access, and is often tied to a particular project. Refugee experiences are varied and complex, so Ockenden seeks to allow prize-winners to direct the award according to their own priorities rather than ours.
The Ockenden International Prizes remain focused on identifying solutions to the challenges faced by displaced people, raising awareness of their needs, and rewarding outstanding projects.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Legal assistance.
- Livelihood assistance.
- Any other programmes that help refugees and/or displaced people build stable, independent lives.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Deadline for entries is midnight (GMT) on November 30, 2019.
The four winners will be announced by March 31, 2020.
- The project should be the focus of the entry.
- All entries should be made via the online Entry Form and in English.
- Organisations may submit one entry only in each prize year. Unsuccessful organisations are welcome to reapply in future years.
- The project must benefit refugees and/or displaced people with a strong emphasis on promoting self-reliance. The primary focus of the project must be helping refugees and/or displaced people in need, rather than this being an ancillary benefit.
- The organisation must be able to show that the project has been effective with measurable evidence of positive outcomes.
- The project entered must be up and running before 1 April 2019, six months prior to the launch date for the 2019 Prizes.
- Organisations must have high standards of financial and administrative governance. Organisations must include a copy of their latest audited, abbreviated accounts with their application. Where audited accounts are not available, entrants should provide other evidence of sound financial governance.
- Organisations may be asked to provide references or other evidence of the project and their financial and administrative governance during the short-listing process. This may include due diligence on bank accounts nominated by entrants for the receipt of prize money.
- Prize money will only be paid to a bank account held in the organisation’s name. In no circumstances will prize money be paid to a personal bank account. Ockenden International will not be responsible for any bank or transfer fees.
- Prize money must only be used to help refugees and/or displaced persons in need and Ockenden International is required to ensure that prize money is used by a winning organisation for charitable purposes. It is anticipated that, in general, prize money will be used to continue or expand the project referred to in the entry or for a similar future project run by the organisation.
- Prize winners will be required to provide information to Ockenden International about the projects and the use of prize money which Ockenden International will share on its website and in other communications.
- The jury’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By submitting an entry, organisations agree to be bound by these Rules.
The judges will, in particular, look for:
- The GBP100,000 prize will be shared equally by four winners who will each receive GBP25,000 to extend their endeavours.
First Step: All entries should be made via the online Entry Form and in English.
Note: For organisations lacking stable access to the Internet, postal entries will be considered. If required, download the pdf version of the Entry Form. Print and complete the form in block letters and mail it, along with the requested documentation by the closing date, to:
2019 Ockenden Prizes
c/- Context Graphics Limited
1 Savernake Court,
Old Church Lane
Middlesex HA7 2RJ
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hadeer Mahfouz/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hesham Galal / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team