30 September 2019.
Mslexia Fiction Competition 2019: Short Story.
Women’s Short Story Competition is back for its eleventh year. Not only will the winning writer get £3,000, they will also have the prestige of being published in Mslexia, a credit shared with writers like Costa winner Angela Readman and novelist Peggy Riley. In addition, there is the opportunity to spend a week working on their writing at the stunning Moniack Mhor retreat, and mentoring with an editor at Virago – an experience that money can’t buy and one that could really help you take your writing to the next level.
- The competition is open to women of any nationality from any country, and welcomes stories of between 300 and 3,000 words in length (not including the title).
- All genres welcome. Please include a cover sheet with your entry.
- Each entry fee allows you to submit one short story. If you would like to enter more than one story, please ensure you select the correct number of entries below.
- An entry form page will open automatically after payment. If this does not happen, or if you would like to send your work at a later date, please use the link in the payment confirmation email to access the entry form.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- The winners and finalists will be announced in Mslexia magazine as follows: Short Story in the March 2020 edition.
- Entries should be in English (or English dialect) and should not have been published or accepted for publication elsewhere.
- Entries that have won or are under consideration in other fiction competitions are not eligible.
- Self-published manuscripts are eligible.
- Entries should not be a translation of another author’s work.
- You do not have to subscribe to Mslexia to be eligible, but you do have to be a woman.
- We will accept entries from women of any nationality from any country.
- 1st Prize: £3,000.
- Entry fee: £10 per story.
- Please submit your work typed, double-spaced on A4 pages, single sided, with pages numbered.
- Your entry will be judged anonymously, so do not put your name on the text pages of your entry.
- Add a separate cover page with your contact details, plus the title(s) of the work you are submitting and the word count(s).
- Once submitted, no alterations may be made to your entry.
- Please note that the above formatting / cover page instructions are for ease of administration and we prefer you to follow them. However, if you forget anything or put details (titles, author name, word- or line-counts) in the wrong place, your entry will not be disqualified. We will only disqualify entries if they are over the word or line limit.
- Your entry will not be returned, so please keep a copy. If you require confirmation of receipt of a postal entry, please enclose an SAE labelled ‘Acknowledgement’
- You may enter online at www.mslexia.co.uk/competitions or send your entry by post. If entering online, there are full instructions on the website.
- If entering by post, mark your envelope ‘Mslexia Fiction Competition’ and send it to: Mslexia Publications Ltd, PO Box 656, Newcastle upon Tyne NE99 1PZ.
- If entering by post, you can pay by cheque (payable to Mslexia Publications Ltd.) or by debit/credit card (phone +44 (0)191 204 8860 with your details).
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Nada Ahmed/ Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Rahaf Elkhodary / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team