30 October 2019
LOEWE Craft Prize 2020
The LOEWE Craft Prize seeks to acknowledge and support international artisans of any age (over 18) or gender who demonstrate an exceptional ability to create objects of superior aesthetic value. By identifying work that reinterprets existing knowledge to make it relevant today while reflecting its maker’s personal language and distinct hand.
In 2016, the LOEWE FOUNDATION launched the international annual LOEWE Craft Prize to showcase and celebrate newness, excellence and artistic merit in modern craftsmanship. Aiming to acknowledge the importance of craft in today’s culture and recognise artisans whose talent, vision and will to innovate will set a standard for the future.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Applied Arts.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- 30 Oct. 2019: Submissions close
- Spring 2020: Winner announced
- Spring 2020: Exhibition of finalist works in Paris
- All participants must be professional artisans 18 years or older
- Entries may be made by an individual or collective (as a group submission)
- All nationalities are welcome.
- The prize-winning Work must:
- be an original work, handmade or partly handmade.
- have been created in the last five years.
- be one-of a-kind.
- have won no prizes previously.
- demonstrate artistic intent.
- is innovative, in the sense that it updates tradition falls within an area of the applied arts, such as ceramics, bookbinding, enamelwork, jewellery, lacquer, metal, furniture, leather, textiles, glass, paper, wood, etc.
- The prize awarded to the winner is 50,000 Euros in cash.
- The winning work selected by the Jury, as well as the works of the finalists selected by the Experts Panel will be included in an exhibition and accompanying catalogue “LOEWE Craft Prize 2020”, on view in Paris.
First Step: Read the Rules of Entry and make sure you comply with all requirements from here.
Second Step: Complete the online registration in English from here.
- You need 2 to 5 photographs of the work (or series) and optionally a video.
- Write a brief conceptual statement about the work.
Third Step: Submit your application by 30 October 2019.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Salma Abd El Aziz/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Rahaf Elkhodary/ Egypt and Samah Gacem/ Algeria”
MARJ3 Scholarships team