31 October, 2018.
Novel Opening Chapter & Synopsis Competition:
Have you started, or completed, a novel with strong, credible characters and a page turning plot? Have you honed the first chapter? Can you put together a compelling one page synopsis of the balance of the story? Yes? Then why not enter our Novel Opening Chapter competition and have your work judged by the senior editors at Crooked Cat Books ? We welcome published, self-published and unpublished novelists.The only stipulation is that the entry must be unpublished.
We are looking for an opening chapter up to 3,000 words, plus a one page synopsis outlining the balance of the story. If your chapter is longer than 3,000 words, DO NOT SUBMIT A LONGER MANUSCRIPT. Simply close the entry within the 3,000 word limit and make a note at the end (which will not be included in the word count) stating the chapter continues beyond this point.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Winners will be announced approximately six weeks after the closing date.
- Entries must be in English.
- Entries must be the work of the entrant and must not have been published or accepted for publication elsewhere.
- Entries may have appeared online in private (password protected) peer review sites, but should not have been published in any commercial online form including blogs or personal websites.
- The competition is international and welcomes non-UK entrants.
- Copyright remains with the author.
- The decision of the judges is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The closing date for entries is midnight (UK time) on the 31st October. Winners will be notified by email within six weeks of each closing date.
- The results of the competition will be published on the competition website.
- Chapters must not exceed 3,000 words and must be accompanied by a ONE PAGE synopsis of the balance of the story.
- Manuscripts must not show the name or address of the entrant, but must include the title.
- Entries will not be accepted without prior payment.
- No corrections will be accepted or refunds given.
- Entries not complying with competition rules will be disqualified.
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- First Prize: £500.
- Runner up: £200.
Entry fee: £10/€13.
First Step: Submit your Name and e-mail, Verify your account through a verification message sent to your e-mail, choose ”Novel Opening Chapter & Synopsis Competition” , then choose ”Novel Opening Chapter & Synopsis Competition Entry Page”.
Second Step: Choose your payment option from the drop down menus below and then click on the Pay Now button. This will take you to the payment page, where you have the option to pay by PayPal or credit/debit card.
Third Step: After you have made your payment, please submit your entry as two attachments (one for the chapter and one for the synopsis) in either Word or PDF to email address: [email protected].
– Put Novel Opening in the subject line. Don’t forget to give your full name and the novel’s title in the body of the email.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Karim Abd El Razek/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Alyaa Abdelraouf/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team