04 Jul 2019.
Interior décor radiators – IRSAP
IRSAP and Desall invite you to design a family of electric radiators, with a modern and minimal design, that may be perceived as furnishing elements inside the environments where they are placed.
IRSAP is looking for a new family of electric radiators, consisting of a radiator for the bathroom and one for the living area, with a special focus on design, aesthetics and possibly additional functionalities.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Upload phase: 04th April 2019 – 04th July 2019 (1.59 PM UTC).
Community Vote: 04th July 2019 – 18th July 2019 (1.59 PM UTC).
Client Vote: from 04th July 2019.
Winner announcement: approximately before the end of September 2019.
- Participation is free of charge.
- Open to designers and creative talents of any nationality.
- Open to participants aged 18 years or older.
- Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com website, via the upload page related to “Interior décor radiators” will be accepted.
- For the correct realization of your proposals, keep into consideration the following guidelines:
1. Product typology: you are invited to design two electric radiators for domestic use, conceived for the bathroom and for the living area respectively, that even if they share the same family feeling they also have a series of characterizing elements that make them different, based on their specific functions and use.
2. Functions: your radiators shall mainly be meant for heating the environment where they are placed and at the same time serve as furnishing items that may enhance the aesthetics of the environment, just like other furnishing accessories. Indeed, depending of their use, the radiators might have specific functions: for example, the radiator for the bathroom must provide the possibility to heat towels and hand towels; the radiator for the living zone, might have additional functions, for instance concerning the lighting of the environment, the sound absorption, etc.
3. Size: the size of each radiator shall not exceed 200cm for the height and 75cm for the width. The minimum depth will depend on the technology employed inside, that is heating foils, heating wires and heating cartridge. In case of radiators with heating foils or heating wires, consider a minimum depth of 3,5cm. In case of radiators with heating cartridge, the depth shall be greater than 5 cm.
4. Shapes: you are free to explore the shapes that best suit your project idea, keeping into consideration the maximum size specified and the main heating function that your radiators shall perform.
5. Style: the family of radiators shall favor a modern and minimal style. The two radiators shall have a shared aesthetic language and some distinctive traits, so to give each radiator its own personality depending on its destination area and the functions it shall perform. In particular, you may suggest a cover or other accessories (for ex. fissure to insert the hand towels, etc.) in order to differentiate the products.
6. Materials: the radiators you suggest, shall be made of steel, aluminium or possibly other suitable materials. The use of glass, wood or stone is NOT allowed.
7. Surface finishes: at your discretion, you may provide various surface finishes, including chrome-plated finish, that enhances the properties of metal, or coated with matte or glossy finish.
8. Production technologies: the radiators you design shall be conceived in view of their industrialization and possibly with an attention to make them easy to install.
9. Values to convey: the radiators shall be conceived as products with a very high aesthetic value, in support of the furniture of environment, and place themselves as premium and functional products, also effective in their main function.
10. Logo: you are required to include the IRSAP logo on the radiators in a discreet way. At the moment, the logo placed on their products is 4×1 cm large. You can find the logo in the Material files attached.
11. Customer typology: the radiators shall be conceived for a customer aged between 35 and 45 years, with a medium-high purchasing power.
The selection of the winner by by IRSAP team will be the result of an unquestionable evaluation and it will take into account originality, feasibility and consistency with the brief presented.
For the duration of the option right, the Sponsor offers an extra chance to all participants setting a fee of Euro 2,500.00= (two-thousand-five-hundred) for the purchase of the license for the economical exploitation of the projects not-acknowledged as the winning proposals.
First Step: Download the material files.
Second Step: Press the “Upload” button on the top of the page and “Sign Up”.
Third Step: Log in to your account;
- Upload all the images that better present your projects (rendering, descriptions, CAD files, etc.) showing in at least one slide the various components and the modularity of your proposal.
-Desall required files:
Minimum 1 image, up to 5.
Recommended dimensions: 960 x 720px (player size) ; allowed format: .jpg , .gif , .png; color mode: RGB;
allowed resolution: 72 dpi ; max file (for each one) size: 1 mb.
-You can also attach a .ZIP archive containing extra materials.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Amina Osman/ Lebanon “
Reviewed by” Hagar Mohamed Khalil / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team