March 1, 2019.
BigPicture Photography Competition 2019.
BigPicture competition is open to all photography enthusiasts and professionals alike worldwide to compete for a chance to win the $5,000 grand prize.
BigPicture encourages photographers from around the world to contribute their work to this competition that will both celebrate and illustrate the rich diversity of life on Earth and inspire action to protect and conserve it through the power of imagery.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
The image categories including:
- Terrestrial Wildlife.
- Winged Life.
- Landscapes, Waterscapes & Flora.
- Art of Nature.
- 2019 Photo Story Series—Pushing the Limits.
For more details Click here.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
The BigPicture Photo Competition begins at 12:00 am North American Pacific Standard Time (PST) on December 1, 2018 and closes at 11:59 pm North American Pacific Standard Time (PST) March 1, 2019.
- Photographers must enter each image in one of the mentioned categories. The same photo cannot be entered in more than one category. Judges reserve the right to switch images to other categories.
- BigPicture is open to all photographers worldwide, except employees, volunteers and Board Members of the Academy (as well as their sponsors) and the immediate families and individuals living in the same household as such employees, volunteers and Board Members. Academy reserves the right to verify, in its sole judgment, entrant eligibility. Void where prohibited.
- Camera-made digital images or scans of slides or prints must be uploaded as JPEGs or JPG, saved at the highest quality setting and must be at least 1920 pixels on the longest dimension, and no more than 3000 px. (saved at the maximum quality setting). No borders, watermarks or signatures allowed.
- For proof of authenticity, if your image is selected as a winning image. the original raw files will be requested and the photo must be 10 megapixels or larger.
- Images should be uploaded in RGB format. sRGB preferred.
- Images should have Description of the behavior pictured and the background story, the exact location, and if the species is scientifically noteworthy.
- The Grand Prize winner will receive $5,000 for the best overall image in the 2018 BigPicture Natural World Photography Competition and be featured in the annual exhibit at the California Academy of Sciences.
- The first place winners of the seven official categories will each receive $1,000 in cash and also have their winning images featured in the annual exhibit.
- Up to 6 additional finalists will be awarded a certificate of recognition for each category, with the exception of the Photo Series category.
First Step: Sign up on the competition website.
Second Step: Upload your photos and don’t forget to Caption them.
-Each photographer can enter photos in any one category as follows:
- $25 for up to 10 single image submissions in any category.
- $15 for 1 Photo Series submission (3–5 images).
Once the photographer clicks on the button to complete entry, they may not go back and make changes to their entry or add additional images even if they had not uploaded the maximum allowed images per paid entry. Entrants are limited to up to 10 single image submissions per registered email address. Entry fees are non-refundable.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Amr Habib/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Aya Gamal ElGeddawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team