6 September 2018
The Rifat Chadirji Prize for Architecture
The Rifat Chadirji Prize is the newest prize to be established as part of the Tamayouz Excellence Award championing and celebrating the best of Iraqi architecture. The prize is named after Dr Rifat Chadirji, the great Iraqi Architect whose influence and importance is far beyond built work. The Prize is a thematic open international prize focuses on proposing designs responding to local challenges in Iraq, aiming to introduce Iraq and its challenges to the world. It also invites them to submit their ideas and establish an uncompromising open source of ideas tackling social issues in Iraq through design.
The Rifat Chadirji Prize invites architects, students, engineers and designers to participate in the prize for 2018, which aims to promote the advancement of architecture in Iraq through an open source of design ideas responding to Iraq’s most urgent social challenges. It also highlights the current challenges facing communities in Iraq, encourages individuals and organizations to produce concepts responding to local community needs, and annually celebrates the importance and influence of Dr Rifat Chadirji through a prize in his name.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
NOVEMBER / 2018 – Announcement of Results.
December 2018 – Annual Tamayouz Excellence Award Ceremony.
- Architects, students, engineers and designers are eligible to participate.
- Participants can participate as individuals or teams (4 team members maximum), and multidisciplinary teams are particularly encouraged.
- Jury panel members, organizers and their family members are ineligible.
- This is an anonymous competition and the unique registration number is the only means of identification.
- The official language of the award is English.
Required Documents Sample of your work, Research Proposal.
- Prize winner: $5,000, the Rifat Chadirji Trophy, a certificate and a trip to the 2018 Award Ceremony (flights and accommodation).
- Second and third prizes: $1,000 each, a certificate and a trip to the 2018 Award Ceremony (flights and accommodation).
- People’s Choice Award (Sustainability Prize): $500 and a certificate.
- Top 20 and top 50: Published on the competition’s website and social media pages.
Register on the website by paying £58 to participate with your architecture project to be part of the change in the future of design in Iraq. Submissions of projects must include:
- One – A0 board in JPEG format, with all the information considered necessary to explain the proposal. Content may include plans, sections, elevations, visualisations, diagrams, etc.
- The resolution of the boards must be 150dpi with the unique registration number placed in the upper left corner of the board in 18 pt font.
- A0 PDF, 150 dpi.
- Word Doc (250 words).
- All files must be named after the unique registration number.
If you have any questions, send an email to mailto:[email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mostafa Ahmed Abdelkarem /Egypt “
Reviewed by” Amira Badawy/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team