5th January 2020.
Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 12 – Supported by Mondi Group
Mondi is proud to support the Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 12. The Challenge seeks solutions that address necessary changes (social, technological, economic, political, infrastructural, consumer behavior and others) required to avoid unnecessary waste production.This requires not only an adaptation of processes, raw material selection/preparation and waste prevention, but also the cooperation on all levels involved, including government, industry, retail, and end consumer.
The challenge is working towards a zero waste future, with new packaging and logistical solutions to address waste in the supply chain and/or elimination or reuse of waste streams to create circular solutions.
- Find alternative solutions for waste streams from the packaging industry or after-use of packaging material to avoid landfilling or ocean leakage.
- Demonstrate how current retail, collection, sorting and recycling infrastructure can be adapted to generate raw materials of inherent value.
- Demonstrate how consumers can be incentivised to reduce the consumption of single use packaging items.
- Demonstrate how cross-industry collaboration can make reuse/recycling mechanisms efficient and scalable.
- Demonstrate solutions to address post-harvest losses, from improper handling and transportation to lack of proper storage and packaging solutions.
- How can the shelf life be extended while simultaneously minimizing the environmental impacts of the packaging itself?
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Human health.
- Waste collection/sorting.
- Consumer behavior.
- Global economy.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Aligned: Evidently aligned with the SDG12 challenge.
- Youth-led: Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Focused: Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Proven: Readily available, in or past implementation phase.
- Impactful: Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills.
- Measurable: Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Financially viable: Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Scalable: Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
- Charitable: Solutions must be registered as non-profits/charities or delivered through a registered non-profit/charity.
- A US$50,000 grant from Mondi Group.
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Mondi Group professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as:
- Business strategy.
- Best practices for data collection.
- Monitoring and evaluation.
- Product design.
First Step: Fill in the required Application Form, then ”Submit”.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hesham Galal / Egypt “
Reviewed by”Manar Khattab/Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team