1 April 2020.
International VELUX Award 2020
The International VELUX Award is a biennial competition for students of architecture. VELUX challenges students from all over the world to work with daylight as an ever relevant source of light, life and joy.
The International VELUX Award 2020 for Students of Architecture wants to encourage and challenge students of architecture to explore the theme of daylight – and to create a deeper understanding of this specific and ever-relevant source of energy, light and life.
The award runs every second year and it is one of the most important global student competitions of its kind. The International VELUX Award 2020 is launching now! Prepare your project team, connect with your teacher and get ready for registration in September 2019.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Design and landscaping.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- 15 June 2020: Submission deadline; project upload.
- 25-26 June 2020: Jury meeting – evaluation of all submitted projects.
- December 2020: Winners announcement at WAF2020 and online exhibition.
- The award is open to any registered student of architecture – individual or team – all over the world.
- We encourage multi-disciplinary teams including e.g. engineering, design and landscaping.
- Every student or student team must be backed and granted submission by a teacher from a school of architecture (you must be signed up as a student (bachelor or master) in the study year 2019-20.
- PhD students are not allowed to participate – neither individually nor in teams.
- The award welcomes projects from individuals or groups of students, who are students during the study year 2019/20.
- There is no limit to the number of entries from each school, but participating schools should ensure the quality of submitted study projects, e.g. by making a prejudgment. VELUX employees cannot participate.
- The total prize money is up to 30,000 €.
- Depending on the results of the international jury, a Grand Prize of 5,000 € per category will be awarded (4,000 € to the student and 1,000 € to the teacher) for the most outstanding projects.
- Depending on the results for each region, a prize of 1,250 € per category will be awarded for the best projects (1,000 € to the student and 250 € to the teacher).
- The jury will be allowed to award a number of special prizes, including prizes for innovative use of VELUX products.
First Step: Register from here.
Second Step: Submit your project on VELUX using the IVA account that you create when you register.
Third Step: Your project can only be delivered digitally and only by the person who has registered. The jury evaluation is performed online and you should take into account that your project should present itself digitally, You need to submit:
- One image file, which depicts your project.
- A description of your project, no longer than 800 words, in English.Check the details of image specifications here.
Note: The jury will evaluate the projects in accordance with the following criteria:
- The work with daylighting as a premise for architecture.
- How the project is researched and documented.
- How the project addresses contemporary and future challenges.
- The level of experimentation and innovation.
- The overall graphic presentation of the project, how the project presents itself.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hesham Galal\ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Eman Morsy \ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team