12 October 2018
Climate Tracker’s competition
Climate Tracker’s competition is looking for young writers from around the world who want to make a big impact in their countries by writing about the relationship between climate change and meat consumption.
- Climate Tracker will go to Egypt to follow the Convention on Biological Diversity negotiations, which will be from the 17th to the 29th of November in Sharm El Sheik. There you will follow the latest advancements and you will help us report about them to make it understandable to the general public. You will also have the chance to meet governments, NGOs, journalists and climate activists from different parts of the world.
- To help you write about these issues, Climate Tracker will prepare information toolkits, webinars with experts and give you help and feedback on how to pitch to editors, get an article published or learn more about climate in your region. To be up to date with the details of the program, check the app regularly.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
The Convention on Biological Diversity negotiations, will be from the 17th to the 29th of November in Sharm El Sheik.
- Between the 17th of September and the 12th of October you have to write an article about effects of meat consumption on climate change and what needs to change in your country.
- You have to publish the article in media in your country or region. It can be a newspaper, a magazine, an online news site, etc.It can be at a national, regional, local or international level. Aim for the one with best outreach across the region. Once your article is published, you have to submit the link to us through our app.
- You can also send us video, putting it in YouTube and sending us the link, or radio, if you send us the link of the radio programme where you appeared and a transcript of your intervention.
- Climate Tracker will revise the articles submitted through the app, give you feedback and tips, and select the best writers. The 2 best writers will get a partially-funded fellowship to Egypt, to the CBD meeting.
- You can publish in any language you prefer. You can choose depending on which audience you want to reach and why.
- Everyone from any country can apply.
- The competition accepts applicants that are between 18 and 30 years old, but you are encouraged to apply anyway if you do not fulfill this requirement.
- Self-publishing your article does not count for our competition.
- The 2 best writers will get a chance to attend the Convention on Biological Diversity negotiations in Egypt, in November 2018.
- There you will receive training on environment, biodiversity and journalism by Climate Tracker.
- Climate Tracker will cover your 2-weeks accommodation in Egypt, provide you with the necessary accreditation, and give you an intense training on journalism and environment.
- It will also offer a 300 EUR stipend to cover your flight or other expenses.
- Sign up from Here. Then fill the required information and submit your answers.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Menna Faramawy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Moustafa Ashraf/ Egypt &
Nashwa Attallah/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team