1 March 2019.
INDEX: Award 2019 – Design to Improve Life.
INDEX: Award is split into five categories: Body, Home, Work, Play & Learning and Community, representing human life from inside out. Each category calls for entries from very different design fields using underlying goals as perspective for how we can use design as a tool to solve the issues of global and local societies – thus creating Design to Improve Life.
INDEX: Award is the biggest design award in the world, worth €500,000, and is commonly referred to as the ‘Nobel Prize of design’. The importance lies in the unique, over-arching theme of Design to Improve Life: a concept enabling design to be used as a tool to address the world’s biggest challenges and reach our biggest goals. This concept has established INDEX: Award as a global, inspirational design beacon.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- digital design.
- urban planning.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Design that improves life or holds the potential to do so.
- Tangible design (products, digital design, architecture, urban planning) or intangible (concepts, policies, strategies, services, systems) design.
- Genuinely new design. Sheer restyling of known designs is not sufficient unless it creates a genuinely new use or adds new value.
- Design that is at prototype stage (at a minimum).
- Design that dates back no more than five (5) years.
- Design that was not previously selected as a finalist or winner for INDEX: Award.
- Designers, private individuals, public and private companies, schools, universities, organizations, associations, students and design enthusiasts from all over the world can nominate for INDEX: Award. Basically, everyone.
- Members of the INDEX: Award Jury provided that the juror does not take part in assessing the design/s they have nominated. In addition, any design that a juror has been heavily involved with cannot win the INDEX: Award, however, it can be selected as a finalist.
- Members of the INDEX: Award ‘Spotters’.
- €100,000 is presented to the winner in each category.
First Step: Finish your work.
Second Step: Register a new account on the official website from here.
Third Step: Upload you work then Send your Application.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Emam Mahmoud / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Nashwa Attallah/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team