13 September 2018
SZIDF 2018 Gadget Design Award
SIDA and Desall invite you all to design the official gadget/souvenir for all the participants of the 6th edition of the Shenzhen International Industrial Design Fair (SZIDF) taking place on November 05th-07th 2018. The winner will be selected by a jury consisting of high-level representatives of SIDA and Desall. The official award ceremony will be held in Shenzhen on the night of Nov 5th 2018. The winner will be given the opportunity to showcase her/his own works at the fair with a free stand and all travel and accommodation expenses covered by the organisation, including other services specified in the Award paragraph.
You are invited to design the official gadget/souvenir of the SZIDF 2018 that will represent both the tradition of the fair – now at its sixth edition – and the know-how of the Shenzhen area, dubbed as the “Silicon Valley of hardware”, appreciated all over the world for its consumer electronics products and technological expertise.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
Upload phase: 14th June – 13th September 2018 (1.59 PM UTC)
Community Vote: 13th September – 20th September (1.59 PM UTC)
Jury Vote: from 13th September 2018
Winner announcement: 27th September 2018 on Desall.com
Award ceremony: 5th November 2018, during the SZIDF designers night in Shenzhen
- Theme: with a view to representing the current edition of the fair, your gadget/souvenir shall comply with the theme Design drives drives design, preferably showcasing high-tech functionalities or electronics-enabled features.
- How to use/where to use: the gadget/souvenir shall be a product for daily life.
- Size and weight: the gadget/souvenir you design shall be easy to carry by frequent travellers.
- Materials and technologies: you are free to employ the materials you prefer, including plastics, fabrics and other materials suitable for industrial production (not craft production). Gadgets/souvenirs featuring electronics-enabled.
- Values to convey: your gadgets/souvenirs will have to comply with the values and tradition of the Shenzhen International Industrial Design Fair, in particular conveying the values of innovation, industrial design expertise and the other traits of the brand, that you can find on their official website www.szidf.com
- Logo: the logos of SZIDF and SIDA shall be visible and applied on your products (see Material files).
- Minimum 1 image, up to 5.
- Recommended dimensions: 960 x 720px (player size) ;
- Allowed format: .jpg , .gif , .png;
- Color mode: RGB;
- Allowed resolution: 72 dpi ; max file (for each one) size: 1 mb.
- Participation is free of charge and open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older.
- Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com web site, via the upload page related to “SZIDF 2018 Gadget Design Award” will be accepted.
1st AWARD – SZIDF 2018 EXPERIENCE
– International round-trip flight tickets + 4 nights at quasi five-star hotel + airport pick-up & drop-off;
– 6m x 6m standard booth + booth setup (in addition to the products and works of the winner, the booth may also host materials regarding Desall and the award);
– Product prototype;
– One onsite bilingual (English-Chinese) assistant;
– One advertising page in the SZIDF catalogue;
– One page image-text presentation ads on SZIDF website for two years;
– Promotion in SZIDF community;
– Networking opportunities with design masters and design leaders;
– Free pass to all the concurrent forums and workshops;
– Award ceremony during the designers night of SZIDF on Nov 5th 2018.
First Step: Press the “Upload” button on the top of the page and “Sign Up”.
Second Step: Log in to your account, fill the required information and upload your design.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Salma Merhabi /Lebanon “
Reviewed by” Ahmed Sakr / Egypt ”
” Akram Serdani / Algeria “
MARJ3 Scholarships team